• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Saturday Cuts

Jeremy Igo

7 left.  Here's the list of the 15 cut so far.

PANTHERS CUTS (updated 1:40 p.m.)

WR Brenton Bersin

WR Mike Brown

TE Marcus Lucas

S Marcus Ball

TE Scott Simonson (a likely candidate for the practice squad)

DT Terry Redden

T David Foucault (a likely candidate for the practice squad)

LB Adarius Glanton (a possible addition to the practice squad if he clears waivers)

LB Brian Blechen

WR Damiere Byrd (another practice squad possibility)

DE Rakim Cox

CB T.J. Heath

DT Chas Alecxih

OL Ricky Henry

That list is from the Observer.  It is missing Todman who's cut was also confirmed by Twitter, so that leaves 7.

WR Brenton Bersin

TE Marcus Lucas

LB Adarius Glanton (a possible addition to the practice squad if he clears waivers)

DE Rakim Cox

RB Jordan Todman

these are the most surprising to me. Todman, Cox, and Lucas showed flashes. I dont understand cutting Bersin, at least not right now. and Glanton completely caught me off guard. i thought it would be Trusnik or Mayo before Glanton

Perhaps but Todman had zero impact on STs. That's the main reason we brought him in.

im of the same mind. someone else mentioned the comp pick aspect. perphaps that plays into it. i understand there was a glut at RB. im just surprised they went with Fozzy over Todman's speed and scat ability.

This leaves us dangerously thin at CB.  Only 4 CB, with only Bene healthy!!!

they must not be concerned about any of the CBs. probably should expect them all to be ready for the opener.

lol this board will defend Gettleman's honor to the death when he willfully ignores crucial areas of need with the answers staring him in the face and leaving lovey sticky notes on his car but when we cut obscure player #637 from Bodunk Tech there's a mutiny.

well by all means, go walk into David Gettleman's office and tell him all your great ideas and see if he'll listen. and dont go and tell me that you spent X amount of dollars on Panther football and dont want to see a poor product. if you dont like the product, take your money elsewhere. if football is a business decision for you, then you arent worthy of being called a fan.

The release of Jordan Todman is a shocker to me. Fozzy is good but if Stewart was hurt for an extended amount of time I would feel better about having Jordan Todman starting than the Foz. 

Marcus Lucas as a WR/TE hybrid would be valuable...hoping we keep him on the PS. 

We must be scouring the cuts to get a WR so hopefully it will be a guy who fits here. 

The release of Jordan Todman is a shocker to me. Fozzy is good but if Stewart was hurt for an extended amount of time I would feel better about having Jordan Todman starting than the Foz. 

Marcus Lucas as a WR/TE hybrid would be valuable...hoping we keep him on the PS. 

We must be scouring the cuts to get a WR so hopefully it will be a guy who fits here. 

I think if Stewart gets hurt, Artis-Payne is your starter.

Archived