• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marcus Lucas Cut

Jeremy Igo

It wonder what Gettleman has up his sleeve.  I don't expect them to keep Byrd on the 53, so that would leave 5 WR's.  Funch, Ginn, Brown, Norwood, and Cotch.  I guess they could also use Webb, but it wouldn't be all that smart IMO.  I think they probably feel that way as well.  This is going to be interesting.

It wonder what Gettleman has up his sleeve.  I don't expect them to keep Byrd on the 53, so that would leave 5 WR's.  Funch, Ginn, Brown, Norwood, and Cotch.  I guess they could also use Webb, but it wouldn't be all that smart IMO.  I think they probably feel that way as well.  This is going to be interesting.

As I suspected.

#Panthers will be releasing WR Damiere Bryd, but kid earned a practice squad look a while ago.

I know Webb is a good dude, and all, but with cuts like these, it makes me scratch my head that we use a valuable roster spot on a luxury like a 3rd QB.

A guy like Joe Webb would get snatched up in a heartbeat.  A guy like Marcus Lucas will probably still be available after being cut if there's injury.  That's why you keep him.

A guy like Joe Webb would get snatched up in a heartbeat.  A guy like Marcus Lucas will probably still be available after being cut if there's injury.  That's why you keep him.

It was less about Lucas, and more just in general.

I'm not against keeping Webb. Just when push comes to shove, and we risk losing a promising player, I'm less enamored with a 3rd QB.

It was less about Lucas, and more just in general.

I'm not against keeping Webb. Just when push comes to shove, and we risk losing a promising player, I'm less enamored with a 3rd QB.

I hear ya, but Webb is more than just a 3rd string QB.  He also plays special teams (dude ran down Devin Hester) and is an emergency backup WR.  There's a promising player then there's a guy that can play three positions.

How long have the Panthers hung on to Brandon Williams? He still struggles to get open, block, and catch the ball. He still looks awkward on the field.

Lucas was undersized and needed to block better, but he could get open, had an excellent out route, and he could CATCH.

Having a QB who's biggest concern is his accuracy and touch with Philly Brown and Brandon Williams is a disaster waiting to happen.

The worst TEs of the bunch in preseason were Dickson and Williams.

Having a QB who's biggest concern is his accuracy and touch with Philly Brown and Brandon Williams is a disaster waiting to happen.

The worst TEs of the bunch in preseason were Dickson and Williams.

i wont disagree with you about Brown. but youre being unfair to both Dickson and Williams. Dickson battled injury all camp long, and Williams didnt even see the field until Thursday night. The Panthers must see alot in Williams to keep him after being injured. but i dont think they are done making cuts yet either. they may place him on IR for all we know

Archived