• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marcus Lucas Cut

Jeremy Igo

I can't wait to hear people complain about Lucas and Bersin getting cut. 

Gettleman wasn't satisfied with our WR corps heading into the season, and unlike last year with O-line he's going to be proactive in trying something new. 

I feel bad for both players, but it's a business and I love that we aren't satisfied with mediocrity. 

a-fuging-men

No, because they just cut 2 large targets with the best hands on the team. 

I think that's a gross exaggeration.  Olsen's hands are far better than either and I'd go ahead and even though it's too early, since the unknown Lucas was included I'll go ahead and say it looks like Norwood and Funchess are at least on the same level as them. 

I think that's a gross exaggeration.  Olsen's hands are far better than either and I'd go ahead and even though it's too early, since the unknown Lucas was included I'll go ahead and say it looks like Norwood and Funchess are at least on the same level as them. 

And with far better upside.

No, because they just cut 2 large targets with the best hands on the team. 

Exactly.

Maybe that focus on the running game Thursday night was not a fluke... but obviously, the threat of a strong passing game does a lot to open up the running game.

I'm beginning to seriously think Wegher is going to make the roster.  Hope so.

Also, cutting Bersin shows they're not afraid to cut nice, hard-working guys who've made important contributions in the past, but who don't have as much upside as another player.  So that could bode ill for Fozzy.  He's kind of the Bersin of the RBs if you ask me.

Most teams with veteran, older QBs carry 3 as did the Panthers during most of the Fox era.

Most of those Fox teams were also fairly devoid of WR talent outside of Steve Smith as well, with the couple of years we had Moose, and Proehl being exceptions.

I can't wait to hear people complain about Lucas and Bersin getting cut. 

Gettleman wasn't satisfied with our WR corps heading into the season, and unlike last year with O-line he's going to be proactive in trying something new. 

I feel bad for both players, but it's a business and I love that we aren't satisfied with mediocrity. 

head over to the Bersin thread and get all you want. 

Archived