• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brenton Bersin Cut

Jeremy Igo

Only ones surprised are those who were fanboys.

Not at all.   I woke up earlier and checked the site for any news...   Woke up again just now and find this, and I am shocked.  Once he cracked the active roster last season, I was absolutely convinced that he fell under the umbrella of Ron's good graces and would not lose his spot.  To boot, he also had possibly the best preseason receiving outside of Boykin.  So yeah, I'm shocked.  And everyone knows how I feel about our receiving corps...  But, I will say, he was a good story, and I appreciate his efforts as a Panther. 

We must have something significantly better lined up. 

Not at all.   I woke up earlier and checked the site for any news...   Woke up again just now and find this, and I am shocked.  Once he cracked the active roster last season, I was absolutely convinced that he fell under the umbrella of Ron's good graces and would not lose his spot.  To boot, he also had possibly the best preseason receiving outside of Boykin.  So yeah, I'm shocked.  And everyone knows how I feel about our receiving corps...  But, I will say, he was a good story, and I appreciate his efforts as a Panther. 

We must have something significantly better lined up. 

I agree. I liked the kid. I just think his downfall was not developing some way to get more separation.  He was physically limited in regards to speed, so he needed a couple more tools in his arsenal. It's almost as though he was content with just making the catch. I'm speculating , of course. 

I agree. I liked the kid. I just think his downfall was not developing some way to get more separation.  He was physically limited in regards to speed, so he needed a couple more tools in his arsenal. It's almost as though he was content with just making the catch. I'm speculating , of course. 

Yeah, I agree.   Which is why I have been so adamant about upgrading the position, in particular him (and Philly), because he was NOT going to make a big play with the ball in his hands, EVER.

i thought there was some kind of jerry richardson ultimatum that he would get a roster spot

Looks like that good will finally expired and smarter football minds prevailed. It will be interesting to see who else they bring in, if anybody. Maybe they only carry 5 WRs, but unlikely.

On another note, glad Wegher made the 53. A little surprised Mayo over Glanton, but not much. Mayo also shows promise and Glanton can PS if he clears.

Archived