• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brenton Bersin Cut

Jeremy Igo

and just to clarify, I don't dislike Bersin.  Good story, seems like a good kid.  I just don't want him on my team.  I hope he does find somewhere to succeed, but he can't help us.  His hands have been grossly exaggerated here.  He made a few catches, he also dropped some passes.  I'll admit his hands were better than average, but I think that's more because he was often largely ignored by defenses (for a reason) and when he did get a pass go his way it was often uncontested.  He couldn't get open when defenses actually put a man on him, though.

Good luck Bersin.  I wish you success.

Exactly. He rarely had any contested catches. I don't think anyone *dislikes* Bersin as a person. We don't know what kind of person he is. We dislike him because he is bad. 

Its sad we have "fans" that pull against our players. Is this a Panthers specific phenomenon?

I don't think most pulling weren't against him.  Personally, I just want the best players on the team.  The bersin situation was similar to A. Edwards to me.  I don't mind upgrading when you can. It's long overdue.  I always found the Bersin love to be puzzling.  There's plenty of udfa 's and walk ons in the NFL.  He was nothing special but good luck to him

I don't think most pulling weren't against him.  Personally, I just want the best players on the team.  The bersin situation was similar to A. Edwards to me.  I don't mind upgrading when you can. It's long overdue.  I always found the Bersin love to be puzzling.  There's plenty of udfa 's and walk ons in the NFL.  He was nothing special but good luck to him

I don't think what you are referring to is what he was referring to.

He's referring to the small group that takes particular glee in a cut players misfortune.  Again, you can be sad for that player while simultaneously pleased that the team is building to upgrade the talent.

Im intersted to see where this leads.  However, I cant help but notice that internet debates lead people to dislike our own players.

The love and hate thing is absurd. How about we just root for our players to do well.

Norwood arrival spelled the end for Bersin. . It also means this is Cotchery last season here..  Norwood is a better version of both add in blocking and Special Teams. .

Lucas needs another year of bulking up for the TE position. . And Swoll is the best blocking TE on the team .. So I knew Lucas was gone.. 

We are definitely bringing in another WR  as well so Philly might want to keep a eye on the wire for his replacement ....

Willing to bet the team has their eyes on someone elsewhere. Gonna be interesting. If someone new does come in, it'll put Philly on the chopping block.

Really am sad to see Bersin go though. Been pulling for him since he made the PS in year two. Hope he lands somewhere nice.

And to all of you who assured me I was nuts for saying Bersin might still be cut: ha!

You guys all saying todman and wegher deserve a spot for their performance... In the PRESEASON.. Fozzy deserves a spot for his performance in regular season and PLAYOFFS. 

If fozzy had been getting those touches against 3rd team defense he likely would've done the same thing. 

Archived