• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brenton Bersin Cut

Jeremy Igo

Could this mean that Byrd might actually make the 53? I thought he was on thin ice after those 2 muffed punt returns

Doubt it.  He had to show out in special teams and didn't.

He only got 1 target in last night's game, and NO offensive snaps in the Pats game.

http://blackandbluereview.com/how-panthers-receivers-compared-in-pittsburgh/

But I never thought we'd cut both Bersin & Boykin, so obviously my guess is as good as yours.

and just to clarify, I don't dislike Bersin.  Good story, seems like a good kid.  I just don't want him on my team.  I hope he does find somewhere to succeed, but he can't help us.  His hands have been grossly exaggerated here.  He made a few catches, he also dropped some passes.  I'll admit his hands were better than average, but I think that's more because he was often largely ignored by defenses (for a reason) and when he did get a pass go his way it was often uncontested.  He couldn't get open when defenses actually put a man on him, though.

Good luck Bersin.  I wish you success.

In all my recent roster projections, I've generally had us keeping 26 offensive players:

3 QB

9 Oline

and 14 WR / RB-FB / TE

I was expecting something lik 6 WR, 5 RB-FB, 3 TE.

Now I'm thinking 4 WR, 5 or 6 RB-FB and 4 or 5 TE.

Any chance all our handwringing over Wegher and the RBs has been for naught and that we keep all 6 RBs/FBs

(Tolbert, Stew, CAP, Todman, Fozzy, Wegher)?  It would be crazy, and I still think we only keep 5, but obviously some shake-ups are happening.

I think Fozzy could be gone as the Bersin cut shows they're willing to let go of "favorites" - good guys who've worked their butts off and who've done some good things for the Panthers.  Wegher has more upside than Fozzy, just as Norwood appears to have more upside than Bersin.

In all my recent roster projections, I've generally had us keeping 26 offensive players:

3 QB

9 Oline

and 14 WR / RB-FB / TE

I was expecting something lik 6 WR, 5 RB-FB, 3 TE.

Now I'm thinking 4 WR, 5 or 6 RB-FB and 4 or 5 TE.

Any chance all our handwringing over Wegher and the RBs has been for naught and that we keep all 6 RBs/FBs

(Tolbert, Stew, CAP, Todman, Fozzy, Wegher)?  It would be crazy, and I still think we only keep 5, but obviously some shake-ups are happening.

I think Fozzy could be gone as the Bersin cut shows they're willing to let go of "favorites" - good guys who've worked their butts off and who've done some good things for the Panthers.  Wegher has more upside than Fozzy, just as Norwood appears to have more upside than Bersin.

That's an interesting proposal... and would make sense considering our shallower talent at WR and greater potential in the RB corps and at TE.  

But this would make more sense to me if Lucas hadn't been cut.

Archived