• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brenton Bersin Cut

Jeremy Igo

Bersin only caught 16 balls in two NFL seasons.  It's not like we cut Larry Fitzgerald.  We just finally opened up a wasted roster spot.

Bersin doesn't have two NFL seasons.

He was only on the active roster last year.  Prior to that, he was on the practice squad.

going deeper on the TEs... 

uhm... O.o

Wow.  Latin on a football forum!  We Panthers fans are high class!!   

Hey, I actually know what it means too.  Smile.

im a Spanish major who has surprisingly learned not a lick of latin. :/ i can guess because of roots, but do please tell an ignorant language student what it means... lol

Steve Smith hall of fame wr gets cut-fug him

Bersin the undrafted nobody from wofford gets cut-The huddle mourns. 

My god this place is crazy

thats a bit inaccurate Ace. Smith had alot of supporters here on the Huddle. i remember a pseudo-civil war on this site over his release. Bersin is not getting nearly the same reaction. People are sad to see him go, but its like that coworker that you were never really close to. You just happened to get along at work and when he moves on, you miss him to an extent and wish the best for him, but it doesnt hurt you. He served his function, and now its time to move on.

Smith's release was more like getting rid of the department's highest producing employee. He wasnt loved by everyone within the company. He was hated by all the rival companies. But the vast majority of people within the company loved what he brought to the department's operations, and grew to love him as a person after his long tenure. When the company lets him go, the entire department cant help but question what the hell they were thinking (until you hear that he is classlessly bad mouthing the company after his release)...

most Smith fans werent angry with him until he started acting like a classless prick. We understood that there would be some classic Smitty comments like his "blood and guts" reference. But frankly, i expected much more class out of him. he had a right to be angry, but he also should have taken the high road and kept his damn mouth shut about the organization that gave him 13 years. 

Exactly. I'm going to guess it's a race thing. I really have no clue what else it could be. Bersin is a scrub. 

you are a terrible person and the thing wrong with our country. i dont care if you are white, black, brown, yellow, or red: quit trolling and gtfo with that sh!t. with all the sh!t going on in our country with race issues, this comment is not funny. 

We are all God's children. All of us are made in His image. the genetics of our skin tones have nothing to do with that. 

Good for him. He is a great receiver just did not get his name called enough with the Panther situation.

Lol

you people can't be serious. Capes are flying at a all time high for this below avg wr. He made the roster last year bc we had a below avg wr core. Now that core has been up graded to average and he's just not good enough. And no he won't catch on anywhere else. 

Archived