• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If God exists he must be sick and twisted.

chknwing

I came to the conclusion a long time ago that if I was going to choose to believe in God that I had to also believe that (s)he was an entity that didn't answer prayers.  I couldn't reconcile a deity that ignored the pleas of someone who was trying to "save" a parent or child or spouse in favor of someone who was getting a 200 yard rushing game with 4 TDs.

I choose to believe in a supreme being, but I don't think he/she gives a fug what we want.

I've had a similar belief for quite some time now. I feel like there are coincides in life and certain moments of irony that make me belief there is some of string being pulled but ultimately I don't think that god has a hand in peoples daily life.

I will say OP i lost my father recently and I have experienced the turmoil you feel in your heart. Probably not as much as yours to be honest. But if there is a God I hope your mother is rewarded for her bravery to fight for her life and be with her son as long as he she could. Best of luck to your father as well.

I lost my father to lung cancer, and my mother to Alzheimer's.

We live in a fallen world. I understand that it's very very hard sometimes, but

I thank God every day for the blessings I do have.  

I just want OP to know that you can come back to God even if you've said or done

terrible things.  You might be surprised how much help it would be to talk to a minister

during this difficult time, and the right kind will be more than happy to talk with you even

after you tell him you've lost you're faith.

First off, sorry if the title offends anyone.  Gonna vent for a sec as I have no other avenue to do so at the moment.  I lost my faith years ago when my mom passed.  My mom had always been sick and has had cancer, polio, diabetus, CHF (Congestive Heart Failure), kidney problems, etc.  Towards the end of her life she had been struggling with CHF and her kidneys and was more or less suffering.  I prayed daily for my mom to get better and watched as she only got worse.  The last time I prayed to end my moms suffering.  One week later, my moms CHF got really bad and her kidneys were failing.  The nurses at the hospital knew my mother and everything about her.  My mom needed a breathing tube but didnt not want one.  The Dr in charge of her ordered a Xanax to calm her down so they could put in the breathing tube.  The nurse told the Dr that he could not give my mom Xanax because her blood pressure will bottom out and they will never get it back.  The Dr was ignorant and basically said hes in charge and to do what he says.  My moms blood pressure plummeted, she went into cardiac arrest and died.

My father has developed chronic CHF as well and was showing symptoms of it 2 weeks ago.  I called paramedics and he needed to go but refused.  Paramedics said the only thing I could do was wait for him to become unresponsive because they can not transport him against his will.  Yesterday morning that happened and my dad is now in ICU with CHF but also with an unknown cause of his hemoglobin only being 4.  Basically he only had 1/4th the amount of blood in his body he is suppose to have.  He needed 4 blood transfusions and the doctors are puzzled to where the blood went.

To the reason for the topic,  my father is at CMC, not a small hospital with an entire floor of ICU rooms.  My father is in the same room that that dr murdered my mom 6 years ago this month.

Lost my dad 3 years ago, so i get it.  Ill spare you the feel good stuff right now.  Just spend as much time with loved ones as you can because you can never get it back.  Try not to be angry.....solves nothing.

First off, sorry if the title offends anyone.  Gonna vent for a sec as I have no other avenue to do so at the moment.  I lost my faith years ago when my mom passed.  My mom had always been sick and has had cancer, polio, diabetus, CHF (Congestive Heart Failure), kidney problems, etc.  Towards the end of her life she had been struggling with CHF and her kidneys and was more or less suffering.  I prayed daily for my mom to get better and watched as she only got worse.  The last time I prayed to end my moms suffering.  One week later, my moms CHF got really bad and her kidneys were failing.  The nurses at the hospital knew my mother and everything about her.  My mom needed a breathing tube but didnt not want one.  The Dr in charge of her ordered a Xanax to calm her down so they could put in the breathing tube.  The nurse told the Dr that he could not give my mom Xanax because her blood pressure will bottom out and they will never get it back.  The Dr was ignorant and basically said hes in charge and to do what he says.  My moms blood pressure plummeted, she went into cardiac arrest and died.

My father has developed chronic CHF as well and was showing symptoms of it 2 weeks ago.  I called paramedics and he needed to go but refused.  Paramedics said the only thing I could do was wait for him to become unresponsive because they can not transport him against his will.  Yesterday morning that happened and my dad is now in ICU with CHF but also with an unknown cause of his hemoglobin only being 4.  Basically he only had 1/4th the amount of blood in his body he is suppose to have.  He needed 4 blood transfusions and the doctors are puzzled to where the blood went.

To the reason for the topic,  my father is at CMC, not a small hospital with an entire floor of ICU rooms.  My father is in the same room that that dr murdered my mom 6 years ago this month.

I'm sorry you're having to go through all that, it sounds pretty terrible. I lost belief too when I realized how much poo some people have to go through while some people are starving and suffering others live comfortable lives thanking god for giving them rock star parking and blessing their food.  Only advice I can give is to keep your head up. You're a fighter, do you best to learn from this experience and come out on the other side of this more aware and more compassionate for other humans. 

I hope your dad recovers. 

Archived