• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers - Jaguars - What Jaguar Fans Are Saying

Jeremy Igo

Y'all remember the playoff game against a decrepit Cardinals team, right?  We barely won that one, and a big part of it was due to a player currently on our roster.  Don't look past any team in this league.

That "decrepit" team was a QB away from being one of the best units in the NFL. We held their offense to historic lows but did enough against a top D to win.

Jacksonville is nowhere near the level of the Cards.

Don't overlook Jacksonville...

I watch all the preseason games for Fantasy Football purposes...

Their defense is sneaky good...and their offense has looked good so far...way better than ours...

Overlooking a Gus Bradley defense would always be a bad idea.  Dude is one of (if not the) best defensive coaches in the NFL.

Sen'Derrick Marks is mah boy, but I'm glad he's not playing against us.  I hope he tears it up in the rest of his games though.

That "decrepit" team was a QB away from being one of the best units in the NFL. We held their offense to historic lows but did enough against a top D to win.

Jacksonville is nowhere near the level of the Cards.

I'm well aware they lost their QB. There back up didn't even look DIII quality. Which is why I said they sucked. Point is, you have bring your A-game. 

Yep this is a trap game imo.

We are all 100 percent certain that the Panthers will win... but the Panthers under Rivera are never prepared for the season opener. Add in that Jacksonville will be 0-0 (before their season inevitibly goes down the tubes) so they will be fighting for a win. 

I predict Carolina 17 - 10... but i also give us a 25% chance to lose this game due to lack of preparedness. I would be less concerned if this matchup was later in the year after J-ville has been eliminated from playoffs, but week one everyone thinks they can win the Superbowl, so we will get the best the Jaguars have to throw at us.

i think we have most of the matchup advantages but i tend to agree with this.  we've all seen it and we all know what can go down.  if jacksonville got us in like week 14 we'd probably win 31-13 or something like that.  but early season ron and december ron are completely different beasts.

based on nothing other than my gut i think we'll be going into the 4th quarter with a thin jacksonville lead.  i think it's 60-40 that we'll pull it out after that.

I'm well aware they lost their QB. There back up didn't even look DIII quality. Which is why I said they sucked. Point is, you have bring your A-game. 

That's my point as well. We brought our A game against their inept QB and held them to Pop Warner levels. The offense showed up and beat one of the best defenses in the league. There were plenty of predictions that we would lose that game, but we prevailed.

We are a good team building on a winning culture.  They are trying to stop the bleeding.  

Remember that just like us they took a deflating blow losing their #1 pick.

Bortles is still iffy and our D likes to make young QBs look like young QBs.

6 more days boys, 6 more days.

If any team knows how to beat the panthers its Seattle, and the jags have someone that knows the blueprint very well.

It will be your typical NFL game coming down to the last few minutes. Any team at home has the advance, currently Vegas has the panthers as a 4.5 favorite. Jags will put the panthers to a early test, I hope RonRon/shula has the troops ready. I'm soooooooooooooo sick of the slow starts to games and 3rd quarters, dam Ron be ready.

I also worry about Rivera and Shula.. 

So I hope the prove me to be a negative Nancy and we kick off the season with an explosion on offense ,, 35-10 and the talking heads of the northeast corridor media say , it's just the Jags. 

I'm confident we take this due to our defense, but rivera & shula is in the back of my mind before every game

Archived