• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers - Jaguars - What Jaguar Fans Are Saying

Jeremy Igo

Hilarious over there, seems the panthers have a bad defense and they expect to run all over it for tons of yards and score like 30+ points. 

Reality is is they are running into a top ten defense that has improved its secondary and take away skills with the additions of Coleman and Peanut. At the second De spot, Ealy has looked solid against starters and should pick up where he left off at the end of last season. 

On the other side of the ball, the  offense has a much improved oline over last season, CAP should be an excellent backup to stew and both should lead an improved run game. While there is a question mark at WR, Olsen is still a major threat plus the additions of Funchess and Ginn together can help offset the loss of benji. 

Speaking of Ginn, he flips field position with the best of them when it comes to returning punts.

The Jaguars will have trouble running the ball putting even more pressure to win on Bortles. A few turnovers trying to make things happen and what could have been and should have been a close game turns into a 27-10 beat down. 

Panthers win. 

We were not one of the top 10 best defenses last season.

We also have legit questions about our secondary heading in....yet people here totally don't even have that on the radar.  At all.

We were not one of the top 10 best defenses last season.

We also have legit questions about our secondary heading in....yet people here totally don't even have that on the radar.  At all.

Tillman, Coleman additions plus another year for bene and Norman. 

Norman and bene were studs last season and ranked top ten at PFF and QB rating against. Coleman shores up the biggest secondary weakness. 

Adding Shaq should help in a few places as well, plus no off field situations distracting the team as well. 

Top ten in yards, 11th in passing, 17th in rushing. The reason you don't go off just points is because of short fields, bad st play....ext...

Tillman, Coleman additions plus another year for bene and Norman. 

Norman and bene were studs last season and ranked top ten at PFF and QB rating against. Coleman shores up the biggest secondary weakness. 

Adding Shaq should help in a few places as well, plus no off field situations distracting the team as well. 

Top ten in yards, 11th in passing, 17th in rushing. The reason you don't go off just points is because of short fields, bad st play....ext...

Harper and Tillman both have lots of question marks.

we don't know what we have in Coleman as a starter

we don't have enough from Norman to know we will get consistent good play for a season.

That is our starting secondary considering we consider our base to be a 4-3 look.

The reason you don't go off yardage is b/c it basically ignores everything else.  Big picture we were not one of the top 10 best defenses last year.  We weren't 21st in pts allowed b/c of short fields it was b/c we give up HUGE mindboggling plays.  You can look at yards but you can't just use it....too much left out.  Goes for offense too....a bad offense can generate a lot of yards that make them look decent if you only look at that one stat.

Shula also helps that total yardage stat for the D....on a per drive basis Carolina gave up the 16th most yards per drive.  Total yards is very incomplete.

On the season, we were average IMO.  At the end of the year.....if we maintained THAT over the course of the year it likely would have been a legit top 10 D.

But Rivera's teams always seem to have some major issues to start a season.....so I don't expect anything to be dominate to start a season.  Maybe late.

The reason you don't go off yardage is b/c it basically ignores everything else.  Big picture we were not one of the top 10 best defenses last year.  We weren't 21st in pts allowed b/c of short fields it was b/c we give up HUGE mindboggling plays.  You can look at yards but you can't just use it....too much left out.  Goes for offense too....a bad offense can generate a lot of yards that make them look decent if you only look at that one stat.

the team was 21st in points allowed. IF you were to take away the points our opposition scored off of pick sixes or shotty special teams, well I counted something like 80 points that the defense had little or nothing to do with. 

So if you are going to go by stats to make a counter argument, at least go by what the defense was responsible for.

Hey guys! Just a fellow Jags fan attempting to chime in. It's a shame Kelvin went down for you all. He was poised for a big year. Haven't paid attention to Funchess...How's he looking? Looking forward to the first game of the year. Can't say how the game will go but I think it'll be a close game. Bortles is improved but he's got a lot to prove. I'm definitely worried about your front 7. Not too excited about our defense but they are capable of being a solid unit. Good luck and best of all, let's hope for no injuries.

Don't overlook Jacksonville...

I watch all the preseason games for Fantasy Football purposes...

Their defense is sneaky good...and their offense has looked good so far...way better than ours...

I think our defense can keep the score low though... Carolina 13 - Jacksonville 10...Carolina wins in a low scoring affair...

Allen Robinson concerns me a little...especially if Norman can't play...

we were 21st in pts allowed last year....

and the bulk of our starting DL hasn't played in a long time or together.  Those expecting some dominate defense performance against an improving offense could be surprised.

I'm not very confident in this game at all.  I think Jags will be much improved this year.  Bortles is looking to make the jump and we tend to start slow.

Jags 24-10

God your constant pessimism is starting to piss me off.

people tend to confuse things....you aren't being a pessimist if you simply don't take the over the top super dreamy pro Carolina stance.

Saying we weren't a legit top 10 overall in 2014i s not being a pessimist .....and the mere thought of the Jags suggesting they could score on us isn't crazy is not being a pessimist.   

I think we win, but no way I'm comfortable predicting the score. Hopefully we blow them out, but I won't be surprised if we pinch it off at the last second. 

Starting week 2 though, I'd like to see them put together a solid season. Watching Bortles get drafted ahead of Johnny Cokehead that year was funny as fug. And I know people trash their fanbase, but anyone who stands by a long-sufering franchise like the Jags deserves a fun season more than that guy I used to work with from SC who considered Dallas to be his team. 

Archived