• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers - Jaguars - What Jaguar Fans Are Saying

Jeremy Igo

I'm torn on this game, we seem to always disappoint when we have any expectations and do well when expectations are low.  I think the biggest key in my mind is what was our mindset this past week?  If the starters were given time off and this was treated as a bye week, then we're gonna get throttled because Rivera has the absolute worst ability to coach a team through a bye week.  If we worked through it and treated this past week as any other, we should win.

I guess we're at the 'yeah well my dad can beat up your dad' stage of week 1.

Before things start getting full blown idiotic on both sides, take an objective look at the Jags.  They are no rollover team like a lot of people on this board are predicting them to be.  Think '12-'13 Carolina in terms of competitiveness.

Would be epic if someone could give us a quick scouting report on each position. Jags are one of the only teams that I don't know much about.

The team sucks dick overall. Their best player by far is a DT who tore his ACL the last game of 2014. He probably wont play. Their two starting DES are out for the year. Their linebackers are mediocre and their secondary as well. Their FS is Nakamura level bad but I dont expect Shula to take advantage of that.

Their o-line is a complete disaster. Their prize FA TE won't play. Their WR are better than ours by a little, but that aint saying poo. Jag fans are jacking off Bortles after he did better than average against the Steelers defense (That the bills QBs went 30/33 against, and Shula racked up nearly 500 yards of offense later). He fared worse against a mediocre Giants defense.

TLDR: Rivera loses to these guys, he should be fired. And I'm serious.

Hilarious over there, seems the panthers have a bad defense and they expect to run all over it for tons of yards and score like 30+ points. 

Reality is is they are running into a top ten defense that has improved its secondary and take away skills with the additions of Coleman and Peanut. At the second De spot, Ealy has looked solid against starters and should pick up where he left off at the end of last season. 

On the other side of the ball, the  offense has a much improved oline over last season, CAP should be an excellent backup to stew and both should lead an improved run game. While there is a question mark at WR, Olsen is still a major threat plus the additions of Funchess and Ginn together can help offset the loss of benji. 

Speaking of Ginn, he flips field position with the best of them when it comes to returning punts.

The Jaguars will have trouble running the ball putting even more pressure to win on Bortles. A few turnovers trying to make things happen and what could have been and should have been a close game turns into a 27-10 beat down. Will say that if JAX doesn't turn the ball over its a much closer game but I still say Panthers win either way.

Archived