• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers - Jaguars - What Jaguar Fans Are Saying

Jeremy Igo

The Jag fans are in smack-talk mode--normally, this is the only week of the year for them to do that.

Personally I don't see the Jags scoring TDs on us.  They will not be able to run the ball, so we will pin ears back up front and keep them in front of us behind.  We will punish them, as the try to dink and dunk their way down the field.  We have 4 ball hawks in the secondary now, so Bortles had better not make mistakes if they get greedy.

Panthers 33, Jags 12 

We get a pick six and we pound the ground game.

Normally I would agree with this, but there are several factors that come into play.

1. Question marks for us - Adjusting to the lack of KB, health of Star, CJ, Secondary and Kalil. Biggest question marks are Rivera's ability to avoid the usual dreadful slow start and then there's Shula.

2. Improvement of Jax, they aren't "there" yet, but they're moving in the right direction and I like their QB and HC. We aren't "there" yet either. 

3. Weather could be a big factor again. Highly improbable this game resembles the last in terms of Mother Nature's fury, but I do think both teams will be forced to run. In that case we have a decided advantage due to their OL vs our DL, but our run blocking left a lot to be desire in the preseason...from the starting OL anyway

4. First game of the season is always tricky as the new season often sparks bad teams, there are a lot of unknowns as new personnel and plays are being used.

I do think we win this game, maybe by double digits but this isn't the lay up it would have been the last couple of seasons.

don't disagree JOAT

tired of excuses for Ron.   Get it done.  Get it done convincingly   

if they can't do that against arguably one of the most inept teams in the NFL, what teams can they do it against 

opening In JAX is a gift from the schedulers and Ron would do well to find a way to take advantage of it  

don't disagree JOAT

tired of excuses for Ron.   Get it done.  Get it done convincingly   

if they can't do that against arguably one of the most inept teams in the NFL, what teams can they do it against 

opening In JAX is a gift from the schedulers and Ron would do well to find a way to take advantage of it  

I agree on the excuses, but in all fairness to Ron the Panthers do start slow and pick it up later in the year. So idk if I can agree on who else can they do it against

there's a good chance we are atop the NFCS after this weekend.

ATL vs Philly (-3) MNF

TB (-3) vs TEN best chance to be 1-0 with us

NO @ PHX (-2.5)

I'd take philly and phx to cover. Those games will let us know if we have any real competition  for the NFCS.

Week 1 is rarely any indication of the rest of the season.

Archived