• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers - Jaguars - What Jaguar Fans Are Saying

Jeremy Igo

Huh? Reg season their record is 19-12-1 so um yes they were. Idk if that deserves the comment you just left, that's not including Rivera first 2 seasons since he was HC, which then puts him dead at .500

chip kelly, the offensive genius who's master of the NFL has won 20 games in the last two seasons.  Rivera and Shula have won 20 games in the last two seasons.  For some reason you're worried about RR and Shula's ability to win games, but I'll bet you haven't questioned Kelly's ability to.

We have pound for pound better talent at almost every position except for WR.  With that considered, and also GMan's finessing of our salary cap situation, oh and the fact that Cam is easily the best QB on the field . . . if we don't win this game something is wrong.  We know what we have.  The coaches know what we have.  We have been building this team on a strong defensive philosophy while Cam continues to show improvement year after year.  If you add all that up and you still can't muster a win versus the lackluster Jaguars, poo IDK of any game on our schedule we could win.  Beat the teams your supposed to beat--the Jags are one of them.

I'm honestly surprised when we beat anyone by more than one score.  It usually only happens when the other team commits a bunch of turnovers and since that kind of thing is totally unpredictable it's hard to ever think we are going to walk all over anybody.

chip kelly, the offensive genius who's master of the NFL has won 20 games in the last two seasons.  Rivera and Shula have won 20 games in the last two seasons.  For some reason you're worried about RR and Shula's ability to win games, but I'll bet you haven't questioned Kelly's ability to.

I could careless about chip kelly, chip doesn't coach the panthers. Pete Carroll got 25 wins and 7 losses. You're only as good as your last one in the NFL, which was under .500

Would be epic if someone could give us a quick scouting report on each position. Jags are one of the only teams that I don't know much about.

I will have a game preview blog posted by Friday where I discuss the rosters, matchups, statistical rankings, etc for both teams

Top ten in yards, 11th in passing, 17th in rushing. The reason you don't go off just points is because of short fields, bad st play....ext...

you can't just go off yards either. An offense needs to score on every drive, regardless of starting field position. A lot of yards is great, but if a team can't consistently score points, those yards are no good

they're hungry for success. 

The panthers have been to the playoffs the past two years and have won more games in the process. You tell me who is more hungry for success 

One thing that encourages me were our scoring stats from preseason.  Even with KB out for 3 of the 4 games.  I know much of that was the 2nd & 3rd team O, but it WAS still Shula calling the plays.  And we played 2 teams with excellent D (Buffalo & Miami).

In case folks didn't see the surprising stats on our offense in the thread I made about Graham Gano, here is a recap:

• We were 5th in TOTAL SCORING  (95 points) and 4th in average points per game (23.8 points per game)  [Atlanta was 12th in scoring / Saints 17th / Tampa 21st]
  • We were also 5th in Avg Yards / Game (357.2) [Miami was just above us, Buffalo just below.  We beat them both.]
  • We tied for 10th in total touchdowns (9)
  • Our Red Zone Efficiency continues to be a concern:   6 / 13  = 46%

What really strengthened our position in Total Scoring is that we were top 10 in BOTH passing & rushing:

• We're 6th in passing in the preseason, with 927 passing yards  (231.75 per game)
  • Rushing: We're 9th with 502 total yards  and in terms of average rushing yards / game:  with 125.5 rushing yards per game. 

Few Sacks against us, only 1 interception and a good positive turnover ratio also helped, as did Gano's excellence in FGs:

• We're tied for 4th best in lowest number of QB sacks against us (5 total).  No team had fewer than 4 sacks against them.   (For reference we were 20th last year with 42 sacks against us in the reg. season last year).
  • We're tied for 2nd in terms of lowest interceptions thrown, with only 1 interception against us in the preseason.
  • We're 6th in terms of turnovers with a +5 turnover level
  • Graham Gano led the NFL in field goals made with 10 of 10  (we had the 2nd most FG attempts)

One thing that encourages me were our scoring stats from preseason.  Even with KB out for 3 of the 4 games.  I know much of that was the 2nd & 3rd team O, but it WAS still Shula calling the plays.  And we played 2 teams with excellent D (Buffalo & Miami).

In case folks didn't see the surprising stats on our offense in the thread I made about Graham Gano, here is a recap:

• We were 5th in TOTAL SCORING  (95 points) and 4th in average points per game (23.8 points per game)  [Atlanta was 12th in scoring / Saints 17th / Tampa 21st]
  • We were also 5th in Avg Yards / Game (357.2) [Miami was just above us, Buffalo just below.  We beat them both.]
  • We tied for 10th in total touchdowns (9)
  • Our Red Zone Efficiency continues to be a concern:   6 / 13  = 46%

What really strengthened our position in Total Scoring is that we were top 10 in BOTH passing & rushing:

• We're 6th in passing in the preseason, with 927 passing yards  (231.75 per game)
  • Rushing: We're 9th with 502 total yards  and in terms of average rushing yards / game:  with 125.5 rushing yards per game. 

Few Sacks against us, only 1 interception and a good positive turnover ratio also helped, as did Gano's excellence in FGs:

• We're tied for 4th best in lowest number of QB sacks against us (5 total).  No team had fewer than 4 sacks against them.   (For reference we were 20th last year with 42 sacks against us in the reg. season last year).
  • We're tied for 2nd in terms of lowest interceptions thrown, with only 1 interception against us in the preseason.
  • We're 6th in terms of turnovers with a +5 turnover level
  • Graham Gano led the NFL in field goals made with 10 of 10  (we had the 2nd most FG attempts)

Don't you come here with facts and ish! Our offense is gonna suck cus like, we dun lost benji n stuffs. Oh and Ron Rivera sucks like gettledouche and jerry Richardson. Fug em all cus like, our season is lost. 0-16 0-16 0-16

but seriously though, that is encouraging. I am legitimately concerned about Shulas play calling. I think it remains to be seen whether we win this yea because of him or in spite of him

If the Panthers don't handle the Jaguars easily, Ron Rivera's happy ass should have to walk back to Charlotte.

Normally I would agree with this, but there are several factors that come into play.

1. Question marks for us - Adjusting to the lack of KB, health of Star, CJ, Secondary and Kalil. Biggest question marks are Rivera's ability to avoid the usual dreadful slow start and then there's Shula.

2. Improvement of Jax, they aren't "there" yet, but they're moving in the right direction and I like their QB and HC. We aren't "there" yet either. 

3. Weather could be a big factor again. Highly improbable this game resembles the last in terms of Mother Nature's fury, but I do think both teams will be forced to run. In that case we have a decided advantage due to their OL vs our DL, but our run blocking left a lot to be desire in the preseason...from the starting OL anyway

4. First game of the season is always tricky as the new season often sparks bad teams, there are a lot of unknowns as new personnel and plays are being used.

I do think we win this game, maybe by double digits but this isn't the lay up it would have been the last couple of seasons.

3. Weather could be a big factor again. Highly improbable this game resembles the last in terms of Mother Nature's fury, but I do think both teams will be forced to run. In that case we have a decided advantage due to their OL vs our DL, but our run blocking left a lot to be desire in the preseason...from the starting OL anyway

Ok, granted in Pittsburgh we weren't playing against their 1s, and P'burgh's defense looked pretty awful, but still it looked like our OLine and offense really stepped it up in terms of run blocking and the running game.  If I recall correctly, the Starting OLine was Williams, Turner, Remmers, Norwell, Chandler.  So, we had 3 of our 5 starters early in the game.

Archived