• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When to expect cuts announced

Jeremy Igo

There's always going to be people with stupid opinions.

Reality is, Stewart is part of the Hurney debacle, and though he has been great, he is overpaid and very expandable.

Gettleman is showing us why having a kick ass offensive line allows you to draft late round RB's or sign cheap free agent RB's and plug them in with instant success. 

So, which is it?  A stupid opinion that we wish we weren't having to pay Stewart 9 million this year to do what all these young guys can do just as well?  Or as you say in the next breath, overpaid and expendable, which is kinda repeating my stupid opinion

Why is everyone hating on Stew all of a sudden? He killed it last year and there's no reason to think that his performance has declined (as far as I know).

I think its more about the contact than the performance last season...

I think he should have a chance to earn some of that contract money this season...but 2016...he's gotta go...regardless of performance in my opinion...

Why not play Stew out through this season, and then designate a post-6/1 cut. We've waited this long to make him the #1 guy and as long as he stays healthy, should have a great season. Dude turned it on late last year, and that was behind an OL-on-the-fly.  Our OL isn't elite, but it's much improved and cohesive than last year's unit. 

Anyone that wants to move on from Stewart and turn their NFL backfield over to a couple of journeymen and 2 rookies (1 being a UDFA) this season, needs to stick with Madden or Fantasy Football. 

Stewart's contract is horrible, but it benefits us more to keep him on this year, and cut him after 6/1/16.  RBBC will be Shula's strength this season, and CAP/Todman/Wegher are more than capable of contributing as part of a 4-headed monster behind Cam. 

Archived