• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bersin 4 targets 4 catches at the half.

Jeremy Igo

That is an insult to Cotchery. He has been more than a guy that moves the chains in his career. 

Rookie Seasons

Cotchery  6 Rec 60 Yds 0 Tds

Bersin 13 Rec 151 Yds 1 Tds

In no way am I saying Bersin is better than Cotchery, but comparing an eleven year vet to player who has only played a single year is garbage. You have to start somewhere.

Question...is it "hate" to call a spade a spade?  The guy catches the ball yes, absolutely, can't deny that.  But if he were released tomorrow I doubt he would be picked up.  I'm fine with Bersin, nothing against him but there's just nothing to get excited about at all, he won't beat good corners, won't out muscle anyone in the end zone, he's very good at the niche of catching passes over the middle against zone defense.  So while I have no problem with Bersin in a slot receiver/4th receiver role, I'm not going to jump off the couch when he makes a catch.

So if that makes me a hater then oh well.

I don't see how any real fan can desperately clamor for success, and respect in this league, yet at the same time poo on their own players for no reason. Bersin has earned his role here. If he had played college ball at a big name school instead of Wofford, the same people would be all on his jock hyping him up.

I wish the panthers where at a spot where bersin would NOT make this 53. Just like frenchie isn't going to make the 53(barring a miracle), cause there are better options. That's what I mean, but bersin is cams' guy and no ones the playbook better. Just seems theres two other guys just like bersin already on the 53. That's my main issue.

Honestly wish hill didn't get ir'd, he could have help replace the KB production.

I wish the panthers where at a spot where bersin would NOT make this 53. Just like frenchie isn't going to make the 53(barring a miracle), cause there are better options. That's what I mean, but bersin is cams' guy and no ones the playbook better. Just seems theres two other guys just like bersin already on the 53. That's my main issue.

Honestly wish hill didn't get ir'd, he could have help replace the KB production.

As much as we all wanted to see Hill get a chance this season, that sentiment is kinda ridiculous. He was on out practice squad all last year. Any team could have signed him to their 53 man roster at any point. Not a single team felt he was worth a roster spot and that says a lot. Expecting him to take any significant portion of KB's load is just absurd. That said, I hope he comes back healthy next year and proves he deserves a spot on our team.

I liked how he caught that pass that was thrown behind him and kept truckin'. 

I felt the same way a lot of you guys do last season but the guy has good hands and deceptive speed.

Norwood looked good today. I like the catches, the energy, the blocks. Funchise looks very good. He reminds me of a taller Moose. I'm not worried about receivers anymore. 

Rookie Seasons

Cotchery  6 Rec 60 Yds 0 Tds

Bersin squad13 Rec 151 Yds 1 Tds

In no way am I saying Bersin is better than Cotchery, but comparing an eleven year vet to player who has only played a single year is garbage. You have to start somewhere.

didn't Bersin spend his rookie year on the practice squad? ?

Archived