• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

On this day 20 years ago

neverlosethefeeling

I had season tickets for Clemson that year.  I would drive to Lavonia Georgia and pick up my father and then head the back way to Clemson. Made the return trip every Sunday we played at home.  It was a great season but the drive down 85 was crazy and the drive into Clemson even worse.  I remember using the service road for miles trying to find a way around the traffic jams.  I would look back and there would be 25 people behind me hoping I knew where I was going.  I was hoping I did too.....

On the cusp of 30 and a Giants refugee...

Win or loss it was the first day I could cheer for a legitimate home team and it was the first of about a 350 game streak of not missing seeing the game.  

I remember that cheering for the Panthers was a bit weird as I had been a fan of a different team and I didn't know who many of our guys were.  But that said there was something natural and "right" about cheering for some dude named Reich, and a coach named Capers, and guys named Mills and Green.

Archived