• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettleman: Norwell and Turner are man beasts of destruction and mayhem

Jeremy Igo

I'm glad Chud is gone. That's not to be construed as support for Shula, but Chud did some pretty stupid stuff in his second year and I'm glad he left.

As to DG, he has done a very good job overall. Remember though, the man is not infallible. He's going to make mistakes and have his share of misses like every other GM in the league. Cases in point, Nate Chandler and Edmund K.

no way to really know that, if hardy doesn't get in any trouble and has another monster season i don't see why he'd have 0% chance to come back

Because it would have had to been at least a 4 years contract in the area of $64 million dollars (probaby around $30 to $32 million guaranteed).

Doing that would have eliminated signing Cam to a long term extension.

Ask yourself which of the two contracts the Carolina Panthers would have likely been more interested getting done.

I'm glad Chud is gone. That's not to be construed as support for Shula, but Chud did some pretty stupid stuff in his second year and I'm glad he left.

As to DG, he has done a very good job overall. Remember though, the man is not infallible. He's going to make mistakes and have his share of misses like every other GM in the league. Cases in point, Nate Chandler and Edmund K.

Dude had a top 10 offense here if I am not mistaken. Even in the 2nd year I do not think we were worse than middle of the road. 

Chud is a good OC. Anyone would be silly not to want him. 

Isn't he with the Colts right now? 

Sure, as an offensive consultant and "associate" head coach. Not "assistant", the typical title for coaches you want to protect.

After one stint as a head coach, and his 2 years here as OC, that is not the job title of someone in high demand. He has a rep as a guy players don't like or trust.

So far in the preseason, Norwell and Turner have made several mental mistakes in their blocking assignments for the run game. Less than impressive. Norwell has been slow off the line and looks lost while going for another blocker's assignment at times (seemingly forgetting the play). Turner has been taking bad angles consistently on the second level blocks allowing defenders a path to the runner/hole. Cam sold out to try and score against the Dolphins. Norwell and Turner can be seen casually walking in the direction of Cam's run allowing the DB to run by them and stop Cam at the goal line. Norwell gives up on his DL when the play breaks down and Cam runs. Norwell's man is the one who disrupts Cam's running lane down the sideline. From a blocking standpoint this is the difference between scoring a TD and scoring a FG. If your QB is selling out, you as the OL better sell out. Releasing your man to watch Cam run the ball is unacceptable.

Their pass blocking has been okay in preseason. Both messed up against the Pats with Turner looking the wrong way blocking no one with the stunt running by him to Cam and Norwell getting pushed into Cam's lap. Cam got killed on that play.

Norwell has been good in goal line blocking, but Turner kept getting beat and found himself on the ground way too often - even on his back.

Man beasts of destruction and mayhem is not quite what I have seen in the preseason. Maybe in practice against the 2nd team defense.

They need more discipline and drive on the field - especially in the running game and broken plays.

Archived