• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettleman: Norwell and Turner are man beasts of destruction and mayhem

Jeremy Igo

Well, not his exact words, but close enough...

"In a conversation with BBR on Monday, when asked which Panthers have flown under the radar, general manager Dave Gettleman said:

Andrew Norwell has had a hell of a summer and so has Trai. Those are two young guys who are going to be really good players.”

Lots more good info here including some promising comments on a couple of draft picks: 

http://blackandbluereview.com/dave-gettleman-raves-about-trai-turner-and-andrew-norwell/

It's completely unbelievable what Gettleman has done with the offensive line. After 2013 our only o-lineman that is deserving of being a starter in this league was Kalil. Now just a year later we have 2 extremely good guards who are young, 2 young solid starters at RT, and a veteran LT who has struggled but looks to have success in the right situation here. I can't believe I'm saying this, but our offensive line is a strength. Just 1 year after being possibly the worst in the history of the league. 

Wait, I thought he didn't know squat about offensive linemen?  That's what you heard repeatedly on here last year.  Now he ignores the rest of the offense too?  I'm confused.  So let me get this straight, as a fan, I'm suppose to know more about talent evaluation and system needs of football players than the guy getting paid to fix 20 years of shity management and bad drafting in less than 3 years when said guy told us all from the get go that it would take 3 years to fix?

Hell, I've been doing it all wrong then!  Sign all the pro bowlers damn it!

Wait, I thought he didn't know squat about offensive linemen?  That's what you heard repeatedly on here last year.  Now he ignores the rest of the offense too?  I'm confused.  So let me get this straight, as a fan, I'm suppose to know more about talent evaluation and system needs of football players than the guy getting paid to fix 20 years of shity management and bad drafting in less than 3 years when said guy told us all from the get go that it would take 3 years to fix?

That was last year; get with the times. This year he doesn't know anything about WR's. Sheesh.

People need a reason to b--ch and whine.

It rotates so if one thing gets fixed, they move on to something else.

Too bad we aren't surrounding Cam with offensive talent while he's in his prime.

NO LINEMEN DON'T COUNT BECAUSE THEY AREN'T FLASHY SKILL PLAYERS!!!!!

Apparently first and second round receivers don't count either because...reasons.

I guess if they get injured it means you never actually drafted them.

I thought we were good at WR until injuries took hold.

No KB and no Funch has really put us in a bind.

I know you can't just sellout for one year, but I still think that more can be done.  I think more will be done.  It's just hard to sit and wait with no idea what they plan on doing.

i keep coming back here hoping for some juicy insight but it's dry as a bone around here.

I admittedly thought he mishandled the LT position.  I have been thrilled with the LG through RT decisions.  LT was my biggest worry.  Hopefully Oher can continue his strong play when the real bullets start flying.  

Archived