• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers cut Jarrett Boykin

Jeremy Igo

Maybe Boykin, and Newton just didn't click. There has got to be a little more to it.

I've been critical of Rivera for being overly loyal to some players in the past, but I'm not seeing that here. They definitely know more than we do.

Did Boykin and Cam even get much time together? Boykin seemed to get the majority of his snaps with the second team. If the coaching staff didn't try to force feed Philly Brown maybe Boykin would have gotten a better chemistry with Cam due to more reps. 

Maybe Boykin, and Newton just didn't click. There has got to be a little more to it.

I've been critical of Rivera for being overly loyal to some players in the past, but I'm not seeing that here. They definitely know more than we do.

Yeah there has to be something.  A few poor practices early on in the summer can't of been the crux of it. 

He may have not seemed to fit the system we want to run with Cam.  They obviously favor Bersin over him, aren't getting rid of Cotchery, and just acquired Norwood who I guess they've had a thing for since pre-2014 Draft.   The other WRs here are quite different types.  It seems like Boykin was never climbing the chart here.  

Did Boykin and Cam even get much time together? Boykin seemed to get the majority of his snaps with the second team. If the coaching staff didn't try to force feed Philly Brown maybe Boykin would have gotten a better chemistry with Cam due to more reps. 

Yeah there has to be something.  A few poor practices early on in the summer can't of been the crux of it. 

He may have not seemed to fit the system we want to run with Cam.  They obviously favor Bersin over him, aren't getting rid of Cotchery, and just acquired Norwood who I guess they've had a thing for since pre-2014 Draft.   The other WRs here are quite different types.  It seems like Boykin was never climbing the chart here.  

I don't know, maybe I missed some information here and there. But I don't really recall ever hearing anything about Cam, and Boykin together at any point. Whether that be just chatting about plays or what not on the sides, or practicing in general. We heard that with other guys, but I never personally saw anything with Boykin.

At the end of the day, it has to come down to fit. Guys have to be able to not only mesh as players, but individuals. Maybe when Green Bay cut Boykin, they knew what the Panthers now know that most of our fans are not clued into? I just think there is another factor at play here. Ohwell, I wish him luck.

Surprised they didn't at least trot Boykin out on Thurs with Cam or at least against better talent. Worse case, cut him during the 2nd round of cuts. 

Boykin came in as a WR4, but more likely a WR5 on the depth chart, and didn't seem to sway too many this summer. It's not a huge loss, but is a head scratcher considering the flashes he's shown in preseason. I guess the list of Bersin, Boykin, Cotchery, Norwood was too girthy to keep all of them, and Boykin is the logical one that gets the axe here. 

For all Bersin haters, I don't see how Boykin is that much better, if at all than Bersin. Cam loves him, and Bersin (outside of ST) moves the chains.

I wonder about that too.

I think that talent-wise, Boykin is probably better than Bersin but not by a large enough margin to screw with chemistry. Plus, Bersin isn't horrible, he just shouldn't be returning punts if we can help it. Boykin wasn't going to save the WR group this season.

I don't know, maybe I missed some information here and there. But I don't really recall ever hearing anything about Cam, and Boykin together at any point. Whether that be just chatting about plays or what not on the sides, or practicing in general. We heard that with other guys, but I never personally saw anything with Boykin.

At the end of the day, it has to come down to fit. Guys have to be able to not only mesh as players, but individuals. Maybe when Green Bay cut Boykin, they knew what the Panthers now know that most of our fans are not clued into? I just think there is another factor at play here. Ohwell, I wish him luck.

That's my line of thinking as well.  The thing I wonder is Boykin played with Tyrod and Logan Thomas at school then with Rodgers.  

So he's grown playing around mobile and elite QBs.  You're right though, it seems they kept him on the receiving end of Anderson and Webb throws.  They must just not of thought of him as a fit. 

But on madden he has the 3rd best OVR among the WRs please help me I'm so confused why can't we just cut the white guy once.we all know he's sorry omg I'm gonna go jump in lake Norman please sign randy moss his 1998 highlights are unreal

That's my line of thinking as well.  The thing I wonder is Boykin played with Tyrod and Logan Thomas at school then with Rodgers.  

So he's grown playing around mobile and elite QBs.  You're right though, it seems they kept him on the receiving end of Anderson and Webb throws.  They must just not of thought of him as a fit. 

You have to think he got throws from Cam in practice. Otherwise, why even bring him in?

Surprised they didn't at least trot Boykin out on Thurs with Cam or at least against better talent. Worse case, cut him during the 2nd round of cuts. 

Boykin came in as a WR4, but more likely a WR5 on the depth chart, and didn't seem to sway too many this summer. It's not a huge loss, but is a head scratcher considering the flashes he's shown in preseason. I guess the list of Bersin, Boykin, Cotchery, Norwood was too girthy to keep all of them, and Boykin is the logical one that gets the axe here. 

For all Bersin haters, I don't see how Boykin is that much better, if at all than Bersin. Cam loves him, and Bersin (outside of ST) moves the chains.

where is all this fake "Cam loves Bersin" hype coming from?

Archived