• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers cut Jarrett Boykin

Jeremy Igo

Oh the spin here. Boykin is "trash", yet he'll be picked up by  Green Bay and immediately enter into a better situation (and all that including his 2014 season).  Some of you act like you can't analyze and discriminate worth a poo. Anyway...

I said it earlier this month that Boykin could easily be the next Gettis (as it relates to the Panthers dropping him after a decent preseason), and it has come to pass. What a shock...

Boykin has been our best WR in the preseason GAMES so far. I certainly don't see how he can get cut but Bersin is still here. I don't give a poo if Bersin balls out like a motherfuger in training camp with shorts on, he doesn't do poo with pads on against other teams.  We don't score points or help our record in training camp or practice. And I don't see the ST angle that was mentioned earlier in this thread. Boykin helped our ST more by playing on a different team last year than Bersin did. The only way I can see this as not a stupid move is if Bersin also gets the axe and they roll with Norwood, Byrd and other "potential" guys and/or bring in another WR or two by some other means.  There is no way Bersin deserves a spot of Boykin doesn't. 

I posted that.. definitely not justifying it - just trying to guess where GM sees Bersin's value over Boykin. Maybe the Big Cat has issued a 'Thou Shalt Not Cut' order on Bersin or something.. too stupid to be believable.. but damn.

Man, you guys are acting like we cut Megatron. I personally thought he earned a shot at the 1's over the preseason because he was beating up on the scrub 2 and 3's, But I'm not about to kill myself about it. I'd rather have him over Philly Brown but I get the move to cut him.

Calm down people, damn. 

Archived