• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers cut Jarrett Boykin

Jeremy Igo

And another thing that boggles my mind with our FO and coaching staff, and it's been this way for years...  The snaps played in preseason and the depth chart MEAN NOTHING.  Prime example...  Boykin was running with the 1s and 2s, yet Byrd has barely even seen a handful of snaps through 3 games.  But Boykin is a first round cut and Byrd is (as of now) still on the roster. 

Now, as I said, I thought Boykin was trash from the jump and I hated the signing, but I have been pulling for Byrd because of his athleticism and the dynamic that could bring to our team if he were to make it.  But, I'm just saying, there doesn't seem to be a ton of reasoning behind these decisions at WR. 

Boykin did jack poo last year, and some of you guys are acting like we just cut a top 5 WR or something, lmao I love the huddle.

As I said, I hated the signing and thought it was both redundant and stupid, so I'm not a Boykin fan.  BUT, despite him being trash, he was better trash than the current trash we have on the roster by all appearances in games. 

And another thing that boggles my mind with our FO and coaching staff, and it's been this way for years...  The snaps played in preseason and the depth chart MEAN NOTHING.  Prime example...  Boykin was running with the 1s and 2s, yet Byrd has barely even seen a handful of snaps through 3 games.  But Boykin is a first round cut and Byrd is (as of now) still on the roster. 

Now, as I said, I thought Boykin was trash from the jump and I hated the signing, but I have been pulling for Byrd because of his athleticism and the dynamic that could bring to our team if he were to make it.  But, I'm just saying, there doesn't seem to be a ton of reasoning behind these decisions at WR. 

They did Boykin a favor by cutting him soon. It was a courtesy move so he can catch on with GB now. 

Byrd they want to keep on their own PS> 

Boykin did jack poo last year, and some of you guys are acting like we just cut a top 5 WR or something, lmao I love the huddle.

Neither did Ginn, so what does that have to do with the price of tea in China, and just like Ginn he seemed to be one of the more sure handed receivers on the team right now. 

I'll be glad when we don't have to hear the names "Brenton Bersin" or " " *Corey Brown" anymore. I don't have anything against the guys, but I would like to be deep enough at WR to where we don't have to debate about marginal players like that.

My blood pressure went down considerably when I knew Bell wasn't on the roster tempting Ron to play him. 

*This includes "Philly Brown" as well.

Boykin has been our best WR in the preseason GAMES so far. I certainly don't see how he can get cut but Bersin is still here. I don't give a poo if Bersin balls out like a motherfuger in training camp with shorts on, he doesn't do poo with pads on against other teams.  We don't score points or help our record in training camp or practice. And I don't see the ST angle that was mentioned earlier in this thread. Boykin helped our ST more by playing on a different team last year than Bersin did. The only way I can see this as not a stupid move is if Bersin also gets the axe and they roll with Norwood, Byrd and other "potential" guys and/or bring in another WR or two by some other means.  There is no way Bersin deserves a spot of Boykin doesn't. 

My problem is that we really don't know what we have in Norwood quite yet. I think its way to early to cut Boykin without giving him a shot with the 1's. He has played well and been reliable with the 2's/3's. 

At the end of the day I am no GM, just a Panther fan in disbelief yet again...

Well, the fact that he was never given a single shot with the 1's in the first three games is all we need to know about how the coaches felt about him, right?

I'm with you in that I liked what I saw against the 2's, 3's, and the dregs.  Obviously the coaches didn't think he'd be effective against the 1's.

Yet they're still confident in ol' Philly... huh.

Archived