• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers cut Jarrett Boykin

Jeremy Igo

During one preseason football game. Like the previous poster noted the same kind of argument could be made of Mike Brown. 

I have my gripes against Rivera. But when you look the entirety of the team's depth its clear that Rivera and Gettlemen have a knack for it. Right now what player is #1 on depth doesn't deserve to start? What 2nd string player doesn't deserve to be there? Maybe Harper? Brown is also one, assuming he even is starting over Ginn. But that's it. Is there any coach who 100% nails every offseason depth chart?

each season is its own beast.  Maybe 28 comes out and is garbage this year....you think Ron adjusts or sticks with him for 8-12 weeks? 

Really have to wait until the season starts to figure out who isn't up to par...

I don't have no beef with the offseason depth chart being off....my issue is Ron seems to roll with the chart when it is wrong too long.

Guest Barry McCaulkinor

Granted Boykin wasn't a world beater but I can easily say he caught the ball better than another certain receiver who seems to be safe. I honestly don't understand this call. 

I heard Cam use to love Jimmy Clausen....didn't mean Cam thought he had game.

1 target, 8 yards.....that is what Bersin did in our wins.  Outside of that he was the poster boy for comically putting someone on the field that didn't belong in the NFL (special teams) or a guy that got some cheap yards while we were losing and teams were giving up routes/short passes.

I honestly agree with everything you say man, it seems like the off season comes around goes everyone here forgets these things that were happening the previous year. Its been a rinse and repeat with these kinds of issues with this team the last couple years but we just happened to make playoffs so everyone treats it like its not a big deal. Like me, you are seeing this poo coming before the regular season even starts. Bersin didnt really do poo last year in the grand scheme of things, at least Boykin has actually had a productive season in the NFL at one point. Seems like it only takes witnessing a blowout loss for people the wake up. Gonna be the same thing again this year.

I honestly agree with everything you say man, it seems like the off season comes around goes everyone here forgets these things that were happening the previous year. Its been a rinse and repeat with these kinds of issues with this team the last couple years but we just happened to make playoffs so everyone treats it like its not a big deal. Like me, you are seeing this poo coming before the regular season even starts. Bersin didnt really do poo last year in the grand scheme of things, at least Boykin has actually had a productive season in the NFL at one point. Seems like it only takes witnessing a blowout loss for people the wake up. Gonna be the same thing again this year.

I just don't get overhyping guys because they are Panthers.  I do know some argue being a fan means being extra optimistic about everyone but I am not wired that way...I know it bothers some...which isn't my intention. 

Bersin just doesn't seem like a NFL guy to me.   If we cut him I just think his NFL career would be done. 

dumb dumb move, i'm really on the fence with ron or DG whoever is making these moves every-year it's the same song and dance, we end up cutting better players then the ones starting and/or playing players that have no business wearing a jersey in the nfl. 

Quit with the small town high-school football shenanigans

How does a guy like boykin get cut when you have a player like Brown having the preseason he had ?????? 

I love it when these marginally questionable cuts are made.  It makes for comedy gold watching the huddle implode.  Amazing how many people here "think" they know more about putting together an NFL team than guys who are paid a lot to do so.

cut day threads are like watching a bunch of monkeys hump a football....priceless

I love it when these marginally questionable cuts are made.  It makes for comedy gold watching the huddle implode.  Amazing how many people here "think" they know more about putting together an NFL team than guys who are paid a lot to do so.

cut day threads are like watching a bunch of monkeys hump a football....priceless

do you think the Wr depth chart is now better or worse with Boykin gone? Do you think Corey Brown and Bersin are starters this year in the NFL (or should be)? 

just a quick rant for the guys who are always screaming armchair gm's or i trust the front office, and so on, including the oh so classic "i'm glad you're not the gm"

my question to you is, then what is this forum for? is every single person on this forum suppose to agree with the moves made by the team?

even funnier is when those types go into other threads saying that but as soon as a Mike Shula thread pops up they're the first in there going ape poo, your trust with Ron and Dg disappeared that fast???

p.s. I still don't understand the Bersin and Philly Love fest

each season is its own beast.  Maybe 28 comes out and is garbage this year....you think Ron adjusts or sticks with him for 8-12 weeks? 

Really have to wait until the season starts to figure out who isn't up to par...

I don't have no beef with the offseason depth chart being off....my issue is Ron seems to roll with the chart when it is wrong too long.

Which is exactly why any of these offseason depth moves, whether it be Harper starting, continuing to play Brown, Bersin over Boykin are nothing to judge or worry over. At least not yet

Archived