• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers cut Jarrett Boykin

Jeremy Igo

From the guy who runs this site.

I heard Cam use to love Jimmy Clausen....didn't mean Cam thought he had game.

1 target, 8 yards.....that is what Bersin did in our wins.  Outside of that he was the poster boy for comically putting someone on the field that didn't belong in the NFL (special teams) or a guy that got some cheap yards while we were losing and teams were giving up routes/short passes.

Hope for injuries? You've really gone off the rails CRA..

dude, I wasn't being serious...

just agreeing that Ron definitely has put the blinders on with certain players.....and we saw significant  improvement when he was forced by injury to make the obvious moves.

Hope for injuries? You've really gone off the rails CRA..

I went and edited that post....sarcasm and posts don't mix well. 

but it is sad that Ron's "coaching" improvements have largely been things where he was forced to remove his blinders.  Sarcastically addressing that likely was not the best call.

I went and edited that post....sarcasm and posts don't mix well. 

but it is sad that Ron's "coaching" improvements have largely been things where he was forced to remove his blinders.  Sarcastically addressing that likely was not the best call.

I don't disagree that some of Ron's judgement regarding the roster has been questionable at times.

But Jarrett Boykin being cut is not an example of one of those moves that makes me question his judgement. People are acting as if Boykin was lighting it up all throughout camp, and looked like an all pro in preseason. Let's just be real here.

I don't disagree that some of Ron's judgement regarding the roster has been questionable at times.

But Jarrett Boykin being cut is not an example of one of those moves that makes me question his judgement. People are acting as if Boykin was lighting it up all throughout camp, and looked like an all pro in preseason. Let's just be real here.

We are discussing obviously which outdated stank beer tastes better....so yeah, neither actually tastes good.  I get that.  Neither will be something likely anyone else wants to take a sip of.

I do find it odd that Boykin really is the only one of that mix of guys that actually showed some flash in a game (preseason game 3) and then got buried from an opportunity the following week so Philly could have his epic choke show continue.  I'd be curious if any player in the NFL saw more reps than Philly in preseason game 3. 

Just seemed like an odd coaching move if you really wanted to get a look at that little cluster of talent.  None of it likely matters as those guys generally in terms of playing WR make up the "we are getting blown out so let's throw these guys out there in 4 WR looks dudes"....

I was a "hardcore" Ron guy....

I'm pretty neutral right now.  I don't put much on him in terms of what talent we have b/c I think his hands are tied and that really is all DG... but I do now question how he sorts through what he is given.

I think this will be an interesting year for Ron.  He most certainly IMO will be forced with needing to make some clear adjustments when we start the season.....will he be Ron for 8 weeks before we see the standard late surge. 

We are discussing obviously which outdated stank beer tastes better....so yeah, neither actually tastes good.  I get that.  Neither will be something likely anyone else wants to take a sip of.

I do find it odd that Boykin really is the only one of that mix of guys that actually showed some flash in a game (preseason game 3) and then got buried from an opportunity the following week so Philly could have his epic choke show continue.  I'd be curious if any player in the NFL saw more reps than Philly in preseason game 3. 

Just seemed like an odd coaching move if you really wanted to get a look at that little cluster of talent.  None of it likely matters as those guys generally in terms of playing WR make up the "we are getting blown out so let's throw these guys out there in 4 WR looks dudes"....

I assume you mean the Dolphins game?

Boykin got 6 receptions out of 12 targets for 53 yards.

Mike Brown (obligatory: who?) got 5 receptions out of 6 targets for 58 yards in the same game.

Look I wish the guy well, but this flipping out over his release is just silly. I'll leave it at that.

Archived