• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tuesday Panthers Cuts....

Jeremy Igo

I'm pretty confused that we were able to IR Benjamin but had to waive/injure White and Wallace. Voth thinks we did it because we don't care if they're claimed, but that doesn't add up as then we would have reached a settlement with them a la Regis. 

Look at Jacksonville, they cut down to 75 early and then were able to IR Fowler and Wells 3 days ago. They had to cut to 75 first then IR those guys, leaving them at 73. So I don't think it's just a timing thing. With 89 active, we had to cut 14, which we did, plus a 15th in Presley even though we didn't have to. 

That WOULD be 75, but then we added Norwood, so then that's 76 before sending Kelvin to IR. Per my Jacksonville example, it doesn't seem like that would be allowed. Best I can figure is we have a temporary waiver for Norwood, and he didn't count toward our roster count just yet. 

I don't exactly understand what you're saying, but I believe that the rosters had to be paired down by 4PM today, so the deadline hasn't arrived yet.

I'm pretty confused that we were able to IR Benjamin but had to waive/injure White and Wallace. Voth thinks we did it because we don't care if they're claimed, but that doesn't add up as then we would have reached a settlement with them a la Regis. 

Look at Jacksonville, they cut down to 75 early and then were able to IR Fowler and Wells 3 days ago. They had to cut to 75 first then IR those guys, leaving them at 73. So I don't think it's just a timing thing. With 89 active, we had to cut 14, which we did, plus a 15th in Presley even though we didn't have to. 

That WOULD be 75, but then we added Norwood, so then that's 76 before sending Kelvin to IR. Per my Jacksonville example, it doesn't seem like that would be allowed. Best I can figure is we have a temporary waiver for Norwood, and he didn't count toward our roster count just yet. 

I'm not totally sure of the ins & outs, but I have been trying to learn the roster rules in recent weeks.

I am nearly 100% certain that White and Wallace can be picked off waivers.  I don't know why we wouldn't just send them to IR as we did Kelvin, I'm guessing we had to get to 75 and THEN IR Kelvin?  If so, we would have had to cut two more to IR White and Wallace directly.

We had 89 active as of Aug 29th, 1 on the PUP and 3 on the IR.  It looks like Presley came off the PUP, bringing us to 90 active.

I'm assuming the Micanor Regis transaction (Injury Settlement) may have been what allowed us to sign Norwood before cuts were finalized? Or perhaps it was due to free agent / contract status.  I don't know for sure otherwise why we would give a settlement to one player but waive/injure two more.

So we cut/waived 15 to get to 75, sent Kelvin to IR, added 1.  But I don't know the order in which it all happened, nor the full ins & outs based on a player's contract status.

I'm not totally sure of the ins & outs, but I have been trying to learn the roster rules in recent weeks.

I am nearly 100% certain that White and Wallace can be picked off waivers.  I don't know why we wouldn't just send them to IR as we did Kelvin, I'm guessing we had to get to 75 and THEN IR Kelvin?  If so, we would have had to cut two more to IR White and Wallace directly.

We had 89 active as of Aug 29th, 1 on the PUP and 3 on the IR.  It looks like Presley came off the PUP, bringing us to 90 active.

I'm assuming the Micanor Regis transaction (Injury Settlement) may have been what allowed us to sign Norwood before cuts were finalized? Or perhaps it was due to free agent / contract status.  I don't know for sure otherwise why we would give a settlement to one player but waive/injure two more.

So we cut/waived 15 to get to 75, sent Kelvin to IR, added 1.  But I don't know the order in which it all happened, nor the full ins & outs based on a player's contract status.

We're on the same page. A lot of local media are saying that Kelvin to IR counted toward getting to 75, but that doesn't quite add up when you see other guys getting waive/injured or getting settlements. 

They definitely cut 8 a few days ago, going from 89 active to 81, but then added Norwood (82). They cut another 7 today, but one Presley was inactive, so that's only 6 active cuts (76). 

This is where they're saying putting Kelvin on IR counts as the 75th, but everything I've read says you can't IR someone until AFTER you've cut to 75 (which explains why White and Wallace were waived/injured instead of just placed on IR).

It has to be something with the Norwood trade, otherwise we'd still have one too many. 

B Bersin fans crack me tf up.

I don't know if you would call us fans as much as supporters. The guy has played several years with the Panthers, is one of Cam's favorite targets, has chemistry with him, and catches anything he throws. The only QB Boykin knows is Anderson, and guess what,  he isn't our starter. The Bersin haters is what cracks me up. Can't support and underdog that has worked his tail off and done nothing but  produce for us. Oh but he sucks at punt returner (something he will never be forced to do ever again) so he's terrible and random scrub WR's from god knows where deserve to make it over him. Give me a fuging break.

so glanton wasn't actually cut then?

No, he wasn't.  It's not clear where the Huddler who first mentioned it here got the idea that he was.  Obviously some of us (me included) started talking about it when someone floated the rumor, but there's nothing to indicate that there was anything at all behind the rumor.  Nothing on Twitter, etc.

Archived