• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tuesday Panthers Cuts....

Jeremy Igo

Me thinks he will get picked up pretty quick...prob in our division.  Oh well looking forward to this ever changing depth chart known as the panthers, onwards and upwards for our fearless men led by the cunning mafiasoesqe waistband for a necktie fjords for veins shorts never below areola gm

Pie for mafiosoesqe (made up word probably spelled wrong) and other descriptors of DG.

Here's a good article in the Observer re: Melvin White.  He was a good player for us.  I really hope he finds a great team to play for.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/nfl-blog/article33135267.html

Excerpt:

White had a couple of big plays in key games. He intercepted Matt Ryan and returned it for a touchdown in the division-clinching win in Atlanta two years ago, and forced Ted Ginn to fumble on a kickoff return deep in Arizona territory in the Panthers' playoff win in January.

But the emergence of Josh Norman and Bene’ Benwikere last season and the addition of veteran Charles Tillman pushed White to the back of the rotation. He was competing with offseason acquisition Teddy Williams for one of the last cornerback spots, but Williams’ special teams skills gave him an edge.

White's release means the Panthers have turned over three-fourths of the secondary that started six of the first seven games last season. Cornerback Antoine Cason was cut in December, while safety Thomas DeCoud was let go shortly after the season.

I thought we would've gave Boykin through the final cuts simply because he was our key FA signing at WR that the FO had us believe would be a steal.  I never liked the signing, but I feel he has shown enough in preseason to merit sticking around (mainly because all of our other receivers are injured or suck). 

Archived