• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tuesday Panthers Cuts....

Jeremy Igo

BTW, Gettleman is coming to the realization which I said all along, which is that the receiving corps needs an upgrade. Fancy that.

.... Coming to the realization? Where do you get the idea that he hasn't thought that all along? Because he didn't go out and trade our next 3 first round picks for Torrey Smith the day KB got hurt? And it's not like you've been the only one saying that. We've all been saying that. For years now.

We're all aware that Bersin could still be cut right?

That ain't gonna happen anytime soon.  You didn't know he caught 13 whole passes last year. And was virtually invisible for most games (unless he was returning punts)   But he has awesome chemistry with Cam.  And he knows the play book so well he even knows the OLs  responsibility every play. Like that's a big plus for a WR. I'd rather have a WR who didn't have a clue what the long snappers responsibity is but gets open and makes plays. 

If Bersin gets cut his NFL career is over. 

.... Coming to the realization? Where do you get the idea that he hasn't thought that all along? Because he didn't go out and trade our next 3 first round picks for Torrey Smith the day KB got hurt? And it's not like you've been the only one saying that. We've all been saying that. For years now.

The response was specifically for TheRed.  But, since you mentioned it, I have never been a proponent of trading first round picks at all, much less 3 for Torrey Smith. I would rather draft my own high round receivers and develop them. Moreover, I am a proponent of trying to get proven vets in free agency, or, at the very least, receivers with some upside depending upon budget. Generally, I love getting a deal.

As for upgrading the receiving corps, I have probably been the most vocal for the longest amount of time. We're talking probably somewhere around nine years. But, even if not, I have been extremely vocal about it so everyone on this site that has been paying the least bit of attention knows where I stand. I have been smack dab in the middle of the front lines, so much so that tiger7_88 called me a "WR extremist" (http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/117327-rosenthal-in-reality-the-panthers-have-a-roster-full-of-no-4-receivers/?do=findComment&comment=3441768).

Now I am not saying this as a matter of pride, I am just saying it because it is what it is. There are others who have been hardcore of late like Proudiddy, Ace Boogie, and CRA, but I am driving the train. That's just how I have rolled after seeing our offense sputter like a one-winged bird trying to take flight for so many years because of a lack of legit weapons at WR. It has really been handicapped on a consistent basis since Moose left for Chicago the first time.  We had a small break when he returned, but Delhomme fuged that run up against the Cards.  After that, we returned right back to wide receiver wilderness. 

But, again, you took the words kind of out of context because I was volleying poo back to Red.

Archived