• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seahawks Fan Reactions to Norwood...

Jeremy Igo

Poo on The Seahawks and their fans! This definitely says more to the WRs on the roster than to any of us. I expected a move, but I expected the move after Final cuts, not this early. There has to be better talent in final cuts. Oh well, here's to hoping that he balls out and has a career year 

IMO, good vets get cut this wave.  Bad young players.

Last wave, bad vets get cut, good young players.

I was hoping to see a vet move this wave.  Seems more like Dave is just rearranging the chairs on the titanic with this one. Can't realistically expect this move to impact much.

What a lot of people don't understand, hell, I didn't for a while is that players have to be fits just as much as they need talent.  Donald Lafell did well with the pats last year, but we all know how bad he was with us, especially in the clutch.  Hell, I had to have THIS exact argument with a person about Ted Ginn Jr.  Yea, he sucked last year, yea he sucked most of his career, but he fits the offense that we run and has a repore with Cam and those are the 2 most important thing.

thank you for this.  it's a point that people miss so damn much and it drives me up a wall.

the seahawks are a great example of this, and it's a fitting thing to mention considering the events of this afternoon.  seattle's entire philosophy when it comes to their wideouts is scheme fit.  people keep making their "well russell wilson does xyz without any real weapons what's cam's excuse?" arguments without understanding that that's not the point - their skill positions are a perfect match for what they want to do on offense.  smart guys who have good hands, run great routes, and help their quarterback out by coming back to the ball when things break down.  their system doesn't need a physical freak that rips the top off defenses to work the way they want it to.

and honestly, i think if we would have landed norwood in 2014 like proehl et al. wanted, he would have gotten more playing time here just based on the way our depth chart looked.

IMO, good vets get cut this wave.  Bad young players.

Last wave, bad vets get cut, good young players.

I was hoping to see a vet move this wave.  Seems more like Dave is just rearranging the chairs on the titanic with this one. Can't realistically expect this move to impact much.

just a big target at 6'2"

probably going with a safe move with someone that they scouted and liked coming out of college. Seahawks don't even have good recievers, so for them to cut him in the first wave(via trade essentially), and he was a 4th. My expectations are as low as they get. 

Perhaps, that's their whole idea.

my thing is this. We traded for him, so he likely stays on the 53 (which means someone just lost a job)(or unless we keep an additional WR that we weren't planning on... In which case, does that make Joe Webb unemployed?). If not, then we're serious morons to have traded a pick for a guy that we likely could have waited on to pick him up after final cuts.

Seahawks are the big winners here. They got something for nothing, and are laughing all the way to the bank.

Lets just hope we get the last laugh

I'd only trust the opinion of a Hawks fan if I wanted to know how to quickly purchase a "12" jersey 5 minutes after the Super Bowl ended in 2014.

same ppl could have helped you buy a 12 jersey after the 2015 Super Bowl too.

gotta have a back up boo, know wut I'm sayin?

HEY GUYS MY FRIEND LIKES THE SEAHAWKS, LETS GET HIS OPINION. MEANWHILE IM GONNA SNEAK IN THE REST OF OUR CONVERSATION SO PEOPLE THINK IM IN THE MARKET FOR AN ASTON MARTIN. 

The thread is titled "what Seahawk fans are saying. As you can see I scrolled up as far as I could as not show the convo that wasn't relevant. But here's the rest of the convo to prove that wasn't the intent you dick.

image.thumb.jpg.fb07a2ce5f87be2bf9190f85

Archived