• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seahawks Fan Reactions to Norwood...

Jeremy Igo

Always interesting to see how the fans of the other team react, says a lot IMO. 

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=112656

"Another useless WR draft pick to add to the pile for this regime. Won't be surprised to see PRich added to the pile at some point this year or next offseason. This team's inability to evaluate WR talent is fairly astounding."

"He might catch on somewhere else, but this team doesn't really go for possession receivers that aren't vets. Had less "pop" as a prospect than P-Rich, and P-Rich didn't have all that much."

and probably the most positive comment ...

"To me, he looked perfectly alright in very limited opportunities last year. There was really nothing to judge him by this year as he was mostly playing with Archer, and I'm not sure that dude completed a pass beyond 10 yards. Norwood had some injury issues and never really caught on with special teams; that's probably why they let him go so early. As a receiver, he made a few nice plays last year in a small sample size and didn't get much of a chance this preseason. I think his limited ST contribution probably sealed his fate more than anything else."

I urge everybody to take a look at Vikings WR Charles Johnson. He was on the Browns PS at the beginning of last year and now he'll be the Vikings #1 WR over a proven solid guy in Mike Wallace and former 1st rounder Cordarrelle Patterson. The Browns had terrible terrible WRs and still put him on their PS. 

I'm not trying to compare Norwood to Johnson but just because a guy doesn't do well in one place does not mean for sure that he won't do well elsewhere. Proehl really liked him in the draft and he was taken in the 4th in the best WR draft class in NFL history. He has prototypical WR size/speed and runs good routes and has solid hands. I really like this move. I don't expect him to turn into a starter or replace KB or anything like that but I don't get how anybody could dislike this move.

Poo on The Seahawks and their fans! This definitely says more to the WRs on the roster than to any of us. I expected a move, but I expected the move after Final cuts, not this early. There has to be better talent in final cuts. Oh well, here's to hoping that he balls out and has a career year 

I urge everybody to take a look at Vikings WR Charles Johnson. He was on the Browns PS at the beginning of last year and now he'll be the Vikings #1 WR over a proven solid guy in Mike Wallace and former 1st rounder Cordarrelle Patterson. The Browns had terrible terrible WRs and still put him on their PS. 

I'm not trying to compare Norwood to Johnson but just because a guy doesn't do well in one place does not mean for sure that he won't do well elsewhere. Proehl really liked him in the draft and he was taken in the 4th in the best WR draft class in NFL history. He has prototypical WR size/speed and runs good routes and has solid hands. I really like this move. I don't expect him to turn into a starter or replace KB or anything like that but I don't get how anybody could dislike this move.

I couldn't agree with you more.  What a lot of people don't understand, hell, I didn't for a while is that players have to be fits just as much as they need talent.  Donald Lafell did well with the pats last year, but we all know how bad he was with us, especially in the clutch.  Hell, I had to have THIS exact argument with a person about Ted Ginn Jr.  Yea, he sucked last year, yea he sucked most of his career, but he fits the offense that we run and has a repore with Cam and those are the 2 most important thing.

What I see/hear about norwood is that he has good hands and is quicker more than fast, does that sound like something we're missing in our offense?  Sure does to me when we either have possession guys who have no quickness, or speed guys without a great ability to catch.  I'm not saying Norwood will be a #1, but he possibly could be a great receiver for us.

Lastly, just like you said about the browns receiver depth, lets not forget that the seahawks weren't teeming with O-line depth last year and we picked Remmers up off their practice squad and now he is as important to our o-line as anyone else because of his work ethic and versatility.  Like we both said, sometimes certain situations fit certain guys better.

Archived