• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Norwood the 6th WR or will he replace Bersin/Boykin?

Jeremy Igo

Very interesting prospect, I remember really liking him last year and obviously we showed a lot of interest. We've also covered our bases with a conditional pick, so if he doesn't make it we won't owe anything. That said, only 5 days before the final cutdown is dicey...makes me think he'll make it as they can't exactly expect him to have mastered the playback by Thursday. 

Another interesting thing about Norwood is that we have him under contract cheaply for another 3 years. Cotchery, Boykin, Bersin, Mike Brown, and Presley are all on 1-year contracts (Philly and Ginn have 2), and Gentleman has mentioned how he hated losing all his 1-year contract guys a couple years back, so the long-term nature of Norwood's deal may appeal to him. 

2015: $510k

2016: $600k

2017: $690k

what should happen?  if he takes a spot from someone it should be Bersin.

what will happen?  if he takes a spot it will be Boykins

Bersin IMO will be viewed as the safe calm approach.  He knows the playbook and unlike the other 2 they can throw him out there on special teams to fumble kicks if they wanted.

ever since d will was released you've been house money 

If they release Boykins, Green Bay will pick him up and he will probably have a 1000 yard season. My predictions:

Funchess, Cotchery, Ginn, Boykins, Norwood, Brown and I would put Byrd on the PS.

I think I read on the huddle that may keep 7 WRs. If that's the case, Bersin makes it IMO.

Archived