• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One Simple Hypothetical

Jeremy Igo

Yes I would do it. 

Bell wasn't awful down the stretch last season, and with another offseason of LT work he may have even improved slightly. 

The opportunity to have KB back gives Cam one of the most dangerous young WR's in the league. You have to get a player like that back.

Bell did not play well and is simply overmatched at LT.  The rest of the line improved, allowing the team to provide more help.

There's just no chance I'd go for this.

KB is an amazing talent and we're certainly worse for not having him but Bell couldn't block a sleeping baby for more than about a second.  The best receiver in the world is no good if your QB is running for his life because your left tackle is less effective than a cardboard cutout of an actual block. 

I'll take KB back every time, hell we don't even know how Oher will do in a real game yet. With Bell in there we still have 4 good linemen, with KB out we have 0 legitimate receiving threats. 

Like, is the drop from Oher to Bell REALLY greater than that of Kelvin to Philly? 

There's just no chance I'd go for this.

KB is an amazing talent and we're certainly worse for not having him but Bell couldn't block a sleeping baby for more than about a second.  The best receiver in the world is no good if your QB is running for his life because your left tackle is less effective than a cardboard cutout of an actual block. 

yeah, KB was a 1000 yard raw rookie with Bell....should of probably been a 1200 yard rookie.  So I'd say the best WR would still be the best WR. 

Still boils down down to would you rather have KB or Oher, Ginn.   Over and Ginn are basically disgarded players. 

Shiieett, I'd take that deal quick. KB took the pressure off the other scrub WR's on the roster and allowed them single coverage, due to defenses being scared he was getting the ball. KB was the only WR on the roster who could make the tough catch, and bully other CB's to make a play on the ball while it was in the air. 

We could've made due with Bell; especially with Ginn being in the picture.  I see a lot of drops by our current receivers this year. I also thought Cam was going to complete +60% of his passes but that drops back down to the 50 mark with the scrubs we've got. Might need to look at WR in the first next year. 

Archived