• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One Simple Hypothetical

Jeremy Igo

Nope.  As much as I still hurt that KB is out for the season,

Bell means:

1) No time for Cam to throw

2) we risk losing Cam to serious injury

3) Cam continues to ruin his mechanics because he's running for his life / throwing as he's about to be sacked

There could be a short-term upside, but a major long-term downside, whereas no KB this year, but a solid OLine now and hopefully for a number of years to come, improvement by Cam, development of Funchess, and KB hopefully healed and ready to roar next season... = really awesome long-term prospects for next year and the future.  And I hope a not too shabby 2015 either, though not as explosive and exciting an offense as we would have had.

No, right now our O-line is the strength of the team...I dare say maybe even a fringe top 10 unit (please god let me knock on wood and pray this doesn't come back to bite me), if it stays healthy, then our run game will improve and the time in the pocket will eventually give time for someone to get open or cam to scramble and wreak havoc.  I hate we don't have KB, but the best QB's in the game have made receiving corps like this work (Tom Brady's recieving situation last year is almost identical to ours, a great tight end and a bunch of #3's and 4's), it's just time for our franchise QB to play like a franchise QB.

This question hinges on Oher being an improvement.  Assuming that he is,  then absolutely not.  Keeping Cam upright has to be at a premium,  even above having KB back.

If he isn't,  then I'd take KB and Bell,  then focus on a TE being able to help out with blocking all season long. 

Give me KB and Bell.

people IMO overlook the fact as the year went on KB actually aided in opening up things for the rest of the O.  He became one of the top targeted players in the NFL and was physical mismatch.   

So late in the season he was opening up things for other WRs and giving the rush some breathing room bc people began to think every big moment was a pass to KB.

so KB gets that respect week 1 instead of midseason.  That is a big deal IMO.  

Basically it is a trade of KB for Oher and Ginn.   Give me KB and I will just pick a homeless man to return kicks over Bersin.  Deal.

hell to the no.

I'm a firm believer that good comes out of everything. KB being hurt sucks, but it will force other receivers to grow and contribute. I think that baptism by fire is going to be good for Funchess. Means that next year our receiving core will be deadly.

With all the bad news, Michael Oher and the Offensive line has been the bright spot. If Cam has time, he can find these guys. We saw that against New England.

Byron Bell is THAT bad guys.

Yes I would do it. 

Bell wasn't awful down the stretch last season, and with another offseason of LT work he may have even improved slightly. 

The opportunity to have KB back gives Cam one of the most dangerous young WR's in the league. You have to get a player like that back.

KB vs Oher, Ginn

I can't believe people are actually going against KB in that scenario. 

Biggest improvement it gives us IMO is special teams and if you simply refuse to let Bersin be on the field for returner that alone would have helped. 

Archived