• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One Simple Hypothetical

Jeremy Igo

If you could magically heal Kelvin Benjamin and have him back this season,  but the cost would be Byron Bell comes with him and starts at left tackle.....  would you? 

Seems like a silly queston,  but cuts to the quick on if you think the offense has been upgraded. 

I wouldn't do it. One thing to keep in mind is we are a better team than last year and maybe even the year before. We can spread out and make up for KB's numbers, an example would be Ginn in the return game getting those extra yards that we just couldn't get last year with Bersin, that will go a long way in making up for the lost yards KB would have gotten, I think people underestimate how huge having Ginn back will be in the return game.

Really a better question would be, "would you rather have KB back but have Byron Bell back at LT and Bersin back returning punts." 

Eh....that depends on if I could be sure that the knee injury won't be nagging. If it ends up hampering the rest of his career, this is obviously a no-brainer(we can jettison Bell in the future). However, if KB bounces back strong next year and in the future, I can stomach one year of not having him to have a serviceable LT option.

Archived