• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe P thinks Boykin gets cut

Jeremy Igo

I like him,  would rather keep and develop rather can keep Mayo for instance. No one is picking Mayo up off waivers. 

Well, except for that massive hit Mayo had on the Pats FB that got shown on highlight film... that may have gotten some eyes.

But yes, I agree.  We are so ridiculously deep at LB.  We have 8 or 9 very good to stellar ones.

Well, except for that massive hit Mayo had on the Pats FB that got shown on highlight film... that may have gotten some eyes.

But yes, I agree.  We are so ridiculously deep at LB.  We have 8 or 9 very good to stellar ones.

the hit whe he tossed the runner forward another three yards? 

GREEN Bay would bring him back with open arms in a minute

Keep him Persons is wrong on this one,

^^This^^. Nelson out for the season, Cobb with a shoulder that could hamper him all year, it's a no brainer. Opposing D coordinators know to stop our air game, simply lock down GO. Cam needs more than a TE to throw to. 

Do we really need 5 RBs and Trusnik, Mayo AND Glanton over a 6th WR? I don't think so...

do we really need a ton of WRs if none can play? 

I think we simply keep/play the best special teamers in that scenario 

GREEN Bay would bring him back with open arms in a minute

Keep him Persons is wrong on this one,

agreed. Boykin doesn't need to be developed. He has great hands and has played with arguably the best qb ever. If he's cut, someone's an idiot because he would be grabbed someone and real fast. I'd rather have him over anyone we have except funch and Olsen.

agreed. Boykin doesn't need to be developed. He has great hands and has played with arguably the best qb ever. If he's cut, someone's an idiot because he would be grabbed someone and real fast. I'd rather have him over anyone we have except funch and Olsen.

I would probably keep Ginn (for speed)  over Boykin.  But yeah:  Olsen, Funch (hopefully), Ginn, Boykin & Cotch give us something to work with.  Still a huge 6'5'' KB-shaped hole in our passing game, but I think in time Cam and this group could settle into a not-bad offense.  Needs a bit more time to adjust & Boykin needs more reps with Cam.

Archived