• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Unexpected cuts from Panthers predictions?

Jeremy Igo

Tolbert.   

I think he's lost his ability to be a good blocker.    I don't think  Brockel is the answer

Thurs night  dress rehearsal  didn't  endear me to him.

He cost more than he's worth in production:  Blocking, running, and a receiver.

The rookies probably don't know the playbook well enough,, but I just think Tolbert is past his prime

Tolbert.   

I think he's lost his ability to be a good blocker.    I don't think  Brockel is the answer

Thurs night  dress rehearsal  didn't  endear me to him.

He cost more than he's worth in production:  Blocking, running, and a receiver.

The rookies probably don't know the playbook well enough,, but I just think Tolbert is past his prime

Tolbert has never been a good lead blocker, his value was as a major goal line threat and that's where he seems to have declined. He has good hands and he showed Friday, but I agree his time here should come to an end. I much prefer Ward who I think immediately and significantly upgrades our run game.

Keep Fozzy, dump Todman, keep Wegher to develop. Done and done 

I like Todman more than Fozzy and he had some good numbers last year. He also brings value as a KR so you don't lose anything there.

I had Carrington Byndom on my potential cut list if we have to cut 15 today (depending on KB to IR move, and PUP).

Also, I think David Foucault is history, but that's probably not a surprise.  But he was on our roster last year, and did even start a game (as I shudder to remember...!)

When we need to convert a short yardage situation and we show a run formation to the defense we have been absolutely terrible. Tolbert is not a true full back and struggles as lead blocker.  He's also lost his burst to convert carrying the ball himself. We'd be better off lining up in the shotgun every time letting Cam keep the ball on a draw. What's the point of having a "full back" that doesn't do full back duties?

As far as surprising, I don't think you'll see anything crazy... Maybe Brockel, which would probably be the most surprising of the early cuts.

If we're going totally out there, though, I could see Tolbert getting released. It would be mutually beneficial for both sides, releasing early. That way, he could catch on somewhere quick and we'd save money instantly (around 2m this season, IIRC) to be able to sign a free agent at either WR, TE, or DE.

Archived