• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bersin over Boykin

Jeremy Igo

amazing me that Boykins is getting no love. Dude produces every game. He must practice like butt cheeks. 

I assume Boykin's made the team.  Excited about what he's shown.  Eager to see him play with Cam and develop that chemistry.  Was surprised he didn't get reps earlier last night, but not too bothered by it.   Especially if Cotch's injury lingers Boykin could be an important part of the offense.

we tried that last year with horrible results. "Dependable" receivers are useless if they have 4.7 speed and cant get open

THIS. You need all kinds of receivers on the roster. If you have two, but let's be honest 3 with Olsen, possession receivers then you might miss a YAC guy, a speedster, or a jumper. 

Just as many are dismissive of Bersin. Not long ago we had a thread specifically about Byrd, and it became littered with shitposts about why Bersin is even here.

I can see the positives in both guys, maybe that's a crazy thought for some.

We aren't in a position depth wise to be too picky though this season. That is the reality of the situation.

Those punt returns made people forget how reliable Bersin actually is.  I like him for what it's worth.

Ron and company are so desperate right now...

heck, how many reps did Philly steal last night from guys like Boykin.  Keep in mind guys like Boykin likely are better WRs (groomed in GB) simply he has speed. 

Very desperate, can't blame them though funchess and KB are out and they know Cam needs to develop something with those that will be seeing most action on sundays

Very desperate, can't blame them though funchess and KB are out and they know Cam needs to develop something with those that will be seeing most action on sundays

well, I can...Philly basically stole the reps from guys who deserved a chance to get them.

Philly is likely the 2nd fasted player on the team.  Speed simply means you run fast.  Not sure anyone can legitimately state he is a better WR than anyone else trying to make the team.   That is why those other guys deserved their reps. 

But Ron had his mind made long ago outside of likely 2-3 spots who would make this roster and his depth chart. 

well, I can...Philly basically stole the reps from guys who deserved a chance to get them.

Philly is likely the 2nd fasted player on the team.  Speed simply means you run fast.  Not sure anyone can legitimately state he is a better WR than anyone else trying to make the team.   That is why those other guys deserved their reps. 

But Ron had his mind made long ago outside of likely 2-3 spots who would make this roster and his depth chart. 

Right he had his top 4 which Brown was a part of. So he got bumped up with kb and funchess injury. After a couple games in the preseason of all things Ron not just going to move on that fast. Corey has 1 season game imo before changes should be made. Just depends on how the jaguar game go, I give Ron that at-least

Archived