• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bersin over Boykin

Jeremy Igo

Boykin > Bersin

Too easy. 

Reason why Bersin is getting more snaps atm is Rivera/GM want to make sure that Bersin is proving that he doesn't earn a spot. And, he sure ain't failing them. 

Ok, I'll bite. What exactly has Bersin done this preseason to be "failing them?" 

Any coaching staff worth it's weight in salt would have given Boykin burn with the ones under the friday night lights.  However Corey Brown led all receivers in snap counts didn't he?  Even after he failed to perform.  I'm not saying he can't redeem himself, because he can, but to leave him in without giving the other guys a shot with the unos is counterproductive and quite simply has been par for the course.  Rivera and his staff leave guys in way too long after they've underperformed.  Ie Cason and Decoud last year.  He's simply too stubborn and bullheaded.  I know it's just the preseason but history has a strange way of repeating itself.  Especially with hard headed guys like Rivera.  He'll probably stick with Corey a) until he breaks out of his funk, whenever that may be or b) until it's too late and his job is on the line, again.

the "playing Bersin more to evaluate him"  take is pretty silly. 

Who do they know more about,  Bersin who has gone through three camps a full season with the Panthers or Boykin who got here this spring. 

i agree with you. but at the same time... Boykin has been playing well. why would they cut him? i havent seen alot from Bersin. he hasnt harmed his chanced, per se. but Boykin has been making plays and Bersin has just been there...

Any coaching staff worth it's weight in salt would have given Boykin burn with the ones under the friday night lights.  However Corey Brown led all receivers in snap counts didn't he?  Even after he failed to perform.  I'm not saying he can't redeem himself, because he can, but to leave him in without giving the other guys a shot with the unos is counterproductive and quite simply has been par for the course.  Rivera and his staff leave guys in way too long after they've underperformed.  Ie Cason and Decoud last year.  He's simply too stubborn and bullheaded.  I know it's just the preseason but history has a strange way of repeating itself.  Especially with hard headed guys like Rivera.  He'll probably stick with Corey a) until he breaks out of his funk, whenever that may be or b) until it's too late and his job is on the line, again.

This.

Ron and company are so desperate right now...

heck, how many reps did Philly steal last night from guys like Boykin.  Keep in mind guys like Boykin likely are better WRs (groomed in GB) simply he has speed. 

Simonson over Lucas currently it looks like. 

Simonson has been reliable from what I have seen, but what reasons do they have him over Lucas currently?

Blocking ability perhaps?

From the TE spot, Lucas seems to matchup better against linebackers than the corners he used to face, and he has caught everything thrown his way. Plus, he knows how to be a WR if we need him too. I figured they would value his versatility more. I see more RAC ability with Lucas over Simonson as well, but I haven't seen them in practice so there is that.

I don't get why so many are dismissive of Boykin this offseason with such little explanation.

Just as many are dismissive of Bersin. Not long ago we had a thread specifically about Byrd, and it became littered with shitposts about why Bersin is even here.

I can see the positives in both guys, maybe that's a crazy thought for some.

We aren't in a position depth wise to be too picky though this season. That is the reality of the situation.

Archived