• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bersin over Boykin

Jeremy Igo

Boykin has been looking pretty good and dependable. Wish they ran him with the 1's.

Still don't understand all the hate for Cotchery. Sure he isn't the best veteran, but he is actually one of our better receivers right now, and it showed last night. He's still only 2 years removed form a 10 TD season. I don't care what you guys' bs excuse is for why he was able to do that is but it takes at least a pretty solid receiver to get 10 td's. 

I mean how many of our receivers could you see going anywhere and getting 10 tds?

I think of Bersin of more of a possession receiver. I think he has proven to be a very reliable target for Cam... like a poor mans Olsen.

But I think Boykin is more versatile and more physical than Bersin.

Having said that... Bersin > Boykin   Boykin > Brown

But Philly starts over them both. Im not for all of this Philly cutting talk. But he might need to be interchangeable instead of a staple. Hope I'm wrong

not last year he didn't. More drops than rreceptions didnt he? 

Yeah just about. I found 3 receptions and 3 drops. I think what happened to him last season was a groin injury and Devante Adams. I say give him a lot of PT in the last preseason game and see what he can do. If they only keep 5 wideouts though he'll probably be the cut. 

Serious question, what does Bersin offer over the occasional first down catch over the middle?  I did see him on special teams last night so there's that.  To me, he is as good as he will ever be right now, not a lot of upside.

this team doesn't need upside right now.  We have no room for lottery ticket players. We need safe and dependable WRs who can catch the ball AKA Bersin and Cotchery.

Not giving Boykin time with the 1's seems pretty telling. 

He may be one of our best receivers (which may not say much), but this staff seems pretty loyal to guys like Brown and Bersin. Even with the preseason he's had, it looks like it going to be tough to make the roster...which is probably a mistake on our part. Cotchery won't be cut.

Bersin hasn't done anything to lose a roster spot, but Brown has me worried. He showed a lot of potential last year, but those mental problems can be hard to overcome. 

Brown, funchess, Ginn, Cotchery, bersin, Boykin. 

I also like Lucas, but alas..  Can't keep everyone  

But Lucas has now moved to TE.  Could possibly open a slot for him, along with Olsen & Dickson.  Brandon Williams has not played all preseason due to injury...  Simonson could sneak in among the TEs, he's been getting game reps and playing well it seems.,

But Lucas has now moved to TE.  Could possibly open a slot for him, along with Olsen & Dickson.  Brandon Williams has not played all preseason due to injury...  Simonson could sneak in among the TEs, he's been getting game reps and playing well it seems.,

I like Lucas because he could play both positions 

Archived