• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So which team picks up Wegher?

Jeremy Igo

Fozzy balled out? Stewart and Fozzy have looked horrible in preseason.

Todman is a rag doll that gets tossed around and makes a lot of mental errors.

CAP has yet to prove to me he can run through a defense and can utilize anything smaller than a 5 yard hole. He is not effective in the redzone and goal line.

There is only one RB on the roster I believe can consistently get the ball in the endzone and keep the chains moving in the running game and passing game. That is Wegher.

u can't be serious

All these hungry backs and the billion dollar J Stew playing like ass the whole preseason.  He better flip a switch at Jacksonville.  Given his history of biking on the sidelines, it would royally suck to cast off one these guys out there running hard, right before Captain Complacent takes his yearly Schwinn exodus and then we need the guy(s) we let go. 

Welp, tis the NFL

we will be making a mistake in letting the wegher and ward combo go.

with CAP, we have on our roster the makings of an incredible run game for years to come.

this will be stewart's last year and i'd be surprised if he finished it just based on history.

we need to be looking ahead and we have what we need for the future in these rookies.

Gonna be sad to give up on such good young talent. Just to keep around some old veterans that RR is comfortable with.  Being comfortable breeds complacency.  For both coach and player. 

I want players that are hungry with something to prove. And being good young and cheap always helps.

I'd  be willing to bet a backfield of CAP Wegher  and Ward produces as much as Stew and Tolbert for about 10 million less 

Gonna be sad to give up on such good young talent. Just to keep around some old veterans that RR is comfortable with.  Being comfortable breeds complacency.  For both coach and player.

LOL, Look, I WANT us to keep Wegher (and I think we will).  But this is silly:

Fozzy = "old veteran" (26 in his 3rd season)

CAP = "old veteran" (25, rookie)

HAH!

Ron has started 25 rookies in the past 4 seasons, and is playing and starting a higher percentage of rookies than any other Panthers coach has ever done.  See here:

and here:

I ain't calling Fozzy or CAP old vets. 

Ron sticks with underperforming vets. OL got better last year Because of injuries. DBs last year Cason? Years past Nakamura

One reason he plays rookies the past few years is because of the studs Getts is drafting. 

I ain't calling Fozzy or CAP old vets. 

Ron sticks with underperforming vets. OL got better last year Because of injuries. DBs last year Cason? Years past Nakamura

One reason he plays rookies the past few years is because of the studs Getts is drafting. 

At some point I may try to look at the question of when & why Ron is playing rookies.  Is it "just due to injuries"?  I'm not so sure.  I don't recall Avant being injured, yet we cut him and put in players like Corey Brown and Bersin.

But I do think that it would be hard to separate Ron's willingness to play rookies from the Gettleman effect which means that DG is drafting and finding awesome talent.

Sure, Ron has some favorites.  He admits as much in interviews.  He loves versatile, hard working guys who are leaders, oh and SMART.  This team loves SMART as in high football IQ.  So, that has given certain players like Brockel (versatile, hard working); Cotchery (veteran leader & mentor for the young guys) and Bersin (smart, hard working...) a place that they might not have on other teams.  But I think that's pretty normal.  A team builds a culture.  Players have to fit.  But in spite of his clear conservatism, Ron has played an amazing number of new, young guys.  He's a teacher.  He is into player development.  So, I don't think we need to worry that the team will stop giving good rookies a chance and a spot on the roster.

Hope Wegher will fit with the Panthers...!  We shall see.

Archived