• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam, Stew, OL, and Olsen

Jeremy Igo

Even if we had the #1 overall Offensive line, Aaron Rodgers, Adrian Peterson, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Antonio Brown and Gronk, Shula would find a way to finish outside the top 5. The sad thing is I believe Rivera prefers a safe offensive coach that might not get 75% out of the offense as opposed to a Chud who got 90% but made big mistakes that cost the game. 

Until Shula screws up big time you'll see him as OC, this team will always be a defensive possession style football squad under Rivera. I don't even disagree, building a dominating defense gets you closer to a Super Bowl than a 40+ point a week team that gives up 40+. It's just painful to watch when you know you're tying cement blocks to a Ferrari with Shula. 

Average to below average seems about right.  A top 15 offense this year would be nice but I doubt we make it that far in the rankings.  Then again I guess that depends on your criteria for successful offenses.  Points?  Time of Possession?  Total Yards?  Touchdowns?

Maybe but its like war you can have the most troops and the best weapons but if you don't know how to use them or have some kind of strategy, then your wasting your time. 

Look how many teams have top 5 talent but never made it to a super bowl or even the playoffs. You can have Megatron, JJ Watt, or any other top talent, but if you can't use them or stratigize to their and the teams strengths then you have nothing. 

As long as we have Shula that's what happens.

Cam,  Stew,  the new improved OL and Olsen provide the Panthers offense with more talent than the average NFL team. 

true or false. 

has the first string O managed even 10 yards rushing this preseason?  I know they failed the one yard test....

I need to see some actual rushing before I answer 

Over half a team's total yards per game are through the air.  Our WR corps is below average thus bringing down the entire offense.  Right now I would say below average until we can see how the chemistry between Cam and our WRs pan out.  Potential to be very very good though. 

Archived