• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

And so it begins....

Jeremy Igo

Been saying for a few weeks now it is just a matter of time before we see Daryl Williams next to Trai Turner full time this season. POssibly moving to the left next year like Jordan Gross did. 

Turner and Williams with Ward and Stew running to the right? Yes please. 

This is why people need to step away from the ledge regarding our offense.

I've got faith that Funchess, Boykin, Brown ect can make up at least some of KBs stats, throw in our pro bowl tight end and Cams healthy wheels, a strong D and a road grader running game will allow us to compete in every game and is also a good recipe for championship football.

Not to beat a dead horse but I was just thinking this the other day and how much more it hurts we didn't land Laeel Collins.. Our O line would have been set for nearly a decade

I call bullshit. I am positive you were thinking how cam is the devil and gettlemen should have used all his pics on qbs

I actually think Kalil retires as an active Panther. I hope so.

If he makes it through next season, he'll make it through his current contract.  Next year is the only year when it would actually make sense to release him.  Releasing him in '17 or '18 would net very little savings against the cap.

Maybe.  This year is the biggest cap hit of his contract at $11.795M.  There was no cap relief cutting him this year.  It would've actually cost us a little against the cap.  Next year, that figure drops to $10.329M and releasing him would offer $4.395M in cap savings.  After next year, Kalil actually comes really cheap in terms of cap hit counting $3.579M in '17 and only $1.779M in '18.

If we needed the cap room next year, Kalil would actually be a good candidate for a restructure if he's still playing at a high level since his final two years are so low in terms of cap figure.  Just not sure Gettleman would want to push dead money into future years on a player who is on the wrong side of 30.

I honestly think Kalil will play out his contract here in Carolina.  His play would really have to dip this season for him to get axed.  Hell, he'd be well worth the money to keep in '18 if it was even in a reserve role.

Yea he's still one of the top centers in the NFL and the only way he would be cut is if his play dropped off.  Hell at those low cap hits in '17 and '18, he might be sticking around as a backup....

Archived