• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If the Panthers stay healthy and go 7-9 then it's time to fire Fox

CatMan72

the panthers wana model this team after the steelers. they are known for sticking with one coach for a long time threw the good and the bad. IMO it would take something like a 4-12 season this year and another losing season next year for fox to go.

what i would like to see if we have a bad season is a change of philosophy on defense, not something dramatic like switching to a 3-4, cause that would only set us back. but i would like to see our defense be more aggressive.

we haven't had the motivating type of coach since Del Rio led the Defense(a much more aggressive defense).

Players like Peppers could use such a coach. Fortunatly players like Smith, are naturally motivated which helps a guy like Fox out.

The thought of Bill Cowher on the sideline, grabbing Peppers by the Facemask and chewing him out with spit flying, is an appealing one for me.

This

So motivating=only an in your face screaming type?

Am I the only person on planet earth who is not uber impressed with either DelRio or his defense since he went to Jax????

And I agree with the poster who said a crappy record is not always due to poor coaching.

What is to be impressed with? Have they gone to a superbowl? won one? Nope, in fact the only reason he wasn't fired after last season is due to his salery.

the panthers wana model this team after the steelers. they are known for sticking with one coach for a long time threw the good and the bad. IMO it would take something like a 4-12 season this year and another losing season next year for fox to go.

what i would like to see if we have a bad season is a change of philosophy on defense, not something dramatic like switching to a 3-4, cause that would only set us back. but i would like to see our defense be more aggressive.

The Steelers consistently go deep in the playoffs and have winning regular season records. We've gone deep in the playoffs twice under Fox in seven years and have never had back-to-back winning seasons. The reason the Steelers don't switch coaches is because they always win. It would be stupid for them to fire a coach that wins as consistently as theirs do.

So motivating=only an in your face screaming type?

Am I the only person on planet earth who is not uber impressed with either DelRio or his defense since he went to Jax????

And I agree with the poster who said a crappy record is not always due to poor coaching.

the legend of Del Rio is the most overrated aspect of Panther history. Sure, he was a good DC that year in Carolina but he is looked back upon and talked about like he was a mythical god. Trgo had some pretty sweet defenses when he actually had the talent to run what Carolina wanted to do.

What is to be impressed with? Have they gone to a superbowl? won one? Nope, in fact the only reason he wasn't fired after last season is due to his salery.

Ok so it is you and I then. :D

The DelRio lust is kind of like when you have an SO who you hype up to be all that after the fact just because she gave great head or something while forgetting that she is a psycho hosebeast who is making someone else miserable at the moment.

Steelers have won their last two SBs under two different HCs. So is it the HC only?????

They already have the Kemo excuse. Trust me, if we finish with a losing record, they'll give Fox yet ANOTHER do-over because "well, if we had only Kemo then we would have definitely won the Super Bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I think Peppers is the bigger excuse.

But I am tired of retread coaches, so lets say "IF" Coach Fox gets fired. Who are you going to bring in?

we haven't lost one of our best players. we lost an average DT who is one dimensional. Fox should be able to work around that.....

If you think Kemo is avg or a one dimensional player you dont know much about football. Thats all I have to say about that.

How can you say "If we stay healthy" we have already lost one of our best players. Stewart is still unknown and we have not even played a down yet.....

I don't think you could attribute a 7-9 record to losing a DT when you have a team that's returning 20 of 22 starters from a 12-4 season.

If you lost Jake, Smitty or DeAngelo Willams okay - but not Kemo. I understand his value, but he's a role player and his absence can be overcome much easier than any of the gentlemen I've listed above.

Archived