• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFCS roundup after week two

CelibatePimp

Yes it has occurred to me. And if the injuries do linger or occur on defense during the season then the season is over. We simply have to stay healthy on D with our offensive troubles. If we see the defense we saw the first 3/4 of the season last year we might win 4-6 games. If we see the defense over the last 1/4 we might make the playoffs. I'm not naive enough to think we are going to generate a pass rush versus a first team line with our 2's and 3's.

Yes it has occurred to me. And if the injuries do linger or occur on defense during the season then the season is over. If we see the defense we saw the first 3/4 of the season last year we might win 4-6 games. If we see the defense over the last 1/4 we might make the playoffs. I'm not naive enough to think we are going to generate a pass rush versus a first team line with our 2's and 3's.

It wasn't as if the dline was lighting it up last year. Changes in the D we saw last year were on the back end. Call is coach speak but Rivera during his press conference said that the starters should have been able to generate more pressure and injuries were no excuse.

Let us see how they play vs NE. We might have to blitz some to affect the QBs this season.

It wasn't as if the dline was lighting it up last year. Changes in the D we saw last year were on the back end. Call is coach speak but Rivera during his press conference said that the starters should have been able to generate more pressure and injuries were no excuse.

Let us see how they play vs NE. We might have to blitz some to affect the QBs this season.

I agree with you there. The secondary was much improved. I'm so surprised they haven't tried a Coleman Boston combo yet. Harper should only be a situational player. There's no reason we shouldn't be blitzing a linebacker when all 3 are capable in coverage. The problem is when our linebackers are blitzing they couldn't make it more freaking obvious. I would like to see some more creativity on both sides of the ball.

We also haven't had our 1st string defense for either of the preseason games.  Missing 3 of our 4 DL, can't be overstated how big of an impact that will have when they come back.

I agree. You take 3 starters off the D line of any team and there will be a dropoff in performance, QB pressure, stops on third down, etc. I don't think we can truly assess the team until regular season. Preseason is for individual assessments.

Archived