• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wide Receiver Battle & Running Back Battle - Who do you "HOPE" makes the team?

EgoDogg

Wide Receiver Battle & Running Back Battle - Who do you "HOPE" makes the team?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. What Running Backs / Fullbacks would you like to see on the final 53 man roster? (Choose 4)

2. 2. What Wide Receivers would you like to see on the final 53 man roster (choose 6)

With the intriguing battles at WR & RB this season, I am curious who Huddlers would like to see on the final roster. IF you were the coach, who would you choose to keep at this point in the pre-season?

EDITED FOR RESULTS (8/24 - 5:00 PM)

Running Backs:

1. Jonathon Stewart
2. Cameron Artis-Payne
3. Brandon Weigher
4. Lee Ward

5. Mike Tolbert (Missed the cut by 21 votes)
6. Jordan Tolbert
7. Fozzy Whittaker

Wide Receivers:

1. Devin Funchess
2. Ted Ginn Jr.
3. Jarrett Boykin
4. Corey Brown
5. Damiere Byrd
6. Brenton Berson

7. Jerricho Cotchery (Missed the cut by 4 votes)
8. Mike Brown
9. Paul Browning
10. Avius Capers

I would love to see Mike Brown and Boykin get reps earlier in the game against defensive starters.  Same with Wegher.  I think Ward should take Brockels spot, allowing us to still keep either 4 RB or 6 WR.  Brockel adds nothing to this team...he is not an offensive weapon and is a below average blocker.  

With the intriguing battles at WR & RB this season, I am curious who Huddlers would like to see on the final roster. IF you were the coach, who would you choose to keep at this point in the pre-season?

Is there any chance we keep 5 RBs/FBs and 5 WRs (with Joe Webb being a #6)?

I'd love to see us keep either:

Stew, CAP, Wegher, Todman, Tolbert  or Stew, CAP, Wegher, Tolbert & Ward.

I really only like 4 WRs on this list at the moment:

Ginn, Funchess, Corey Brown (though he looked awful last night) and now Boykin.

I'm not adverse to keeping Bersin or Cotch as #5.  Mike Brown showed some flash tonight, and Byrd's obviously got some promise too.

But with KB and Hill's injuries, what was once an incredibly exciting WR battle has me now feeling somewhat underwhelmed.  I can only hope Funchess really steps up and becomes a real bright light this season. 

Well to be fair, Stewart is making 8 million this year, Tolber makes about 2 million and everyone else makes less than a million.

Maybe they used money as a factor...

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think we'd actually save any money (or minimal amounts) if we cut him.

Archived