• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wegher Love Goes Here

Jeremy Igo

I like Wegher and have been pulling for him ever since he got picked up, but I don't think he's edged out Todman to this point, and I'm not sure he has to. Todman had nearly a thousand yards in kick returns last year and has done well at RB in camp. I don't see him getting cut unless something changes in a big way. I see both Wegher and Todman on the roster instead of Fozzy though. I hope they can juggle the roster to keep both these guys.

I agree.   I think people get a little carried away with the 'he was playing against the second or third string'. Does it matter? Of course. Think about Wegher though,  is he playing against third stringers (or worse),  yes he is. He also has third stringers blocking for him and the third string QB trying to hold the defense accountable for the passing game.  And when comparing him to Fozzy,  yes Fozzy had one huge play for us in last year's playoffs but that was after a full year on the team,  Wegher has only had a few months to learn our offense and see NFL caliber opposition. 

I like Wegher and have been pulling for him ever since he got picked up, but I don't think he's edged out Todman to this point, and I'm not sure he has to. Todman had nearly a thousand yards in kick returns last year and has done well at RB in camp. I don't see him getting cut unless something changes in a big way. I see both Wegher and Todman on the roster instead of Fozzy though. I hope they can juggle the roster to keep both these guys.

Kick off returns in the NFL  are few and far between.   Make him a punt returner and I'm all ears..  and he probably can be one.  I think Fozzy might have drawn the short straw so far.. 

I was all aboard the Fozzy band wagon last season training camp,, but it hasn't panned  out ..

Kick off returns in the NFL  are few and far between.   Make him a punt returner and I'm all ears..  and he probably can be one.  I think Fozzy might have drawn the short straw so far.. 

I was all aboard the Fozzy band wagon last season training camp,, but it hasn't panned  out ..

One thousand yards gained doesn't care about few and far between. Add that to a running game for Todman that you don't see with the other backs, and I think he definitely ranks ahead of Fozzy.

Wegher isn't a sure thing yet, but I think he'll get a closer look and should be safe from the initial cuts. He seems like a quicker, more shifty version of Tolbert.

This rookie KNOWS how to find the corners.... Looking at his film from college, he is deceptively fast and cuts to that corner and scores. He has 3 TD's and a smart runner as he got the 1st down and stayed in bounds within the last min to keep the clock running. I think it was STUPID not to put him with Anderson and a better line blocking. He can also catch out of the backfield as he did last week. With Benjimin out, Cam should use the tight ends to clear out the way for Wegher out of the back field. Look for Olson and Wegher to pull games out of the fire, THAT IS if Shula gets SMART and uses Wegher as the UNKNOWN against teams.

I was on Wegher's bandwagon from the first time I read his story. He was going to be a beast in the Big 10 when he beat his brother up.  (like none of you ever whooped your bro ass).  He was a Division I running back in one of the best conferences in college.  Who knows where he would have been drafted if he wasn't dumped by Iowa.

I like his burst, I like his vision and if he hits the second level he is going to cause defenses fit. 

What I like about him, he's at the bottom (or was) of the running back group and he is making the coaching staff take notice.

It has been said but will be worth saying again.  If we try to stash him on the practice squad, He's gone.  He will never clear waivers.  In fact, if he makes it to the practice squad it will take the injury to one running back in the league and someone is going to claim him off our practice squad.

They said we would keep the best 53.  He is clearly in the top 53 for this team.  They'll find a spot for him.

I liked Fozzy but wasn't his biggest fan.  I think Wegher's is clearly a better talent.

I like him so much I picked him up for my #2 rb on my week 1 fantasy team. We will see how it works out. Watching the replay of the game coach made sure to give him props after the 2nd TD and looked very happy. I think the guy makes it.

Well, don't forget Wegher has a "domestic violence" charge on his record.

I'm sure they know his past. It's his future that makes you drool.

“I was a kid and I did kid things,” Wegher said. “I partied. I didn’t go to class. I did stupid things a kid would do. But, I’ve matured and become a better person, and I’m here because of that.”

Archived