• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wegher Love Goes Here

Jeremy Igo

It would be a shame and a detriment to the team not to let him try some work with the 1s and the 2s next week. Let's face it, no other running back even came close to his production. Stewart and Tolbert played to avoid injuries, CAP was meh, Fozzy wasn't much to write home about and Todman was okay.

Personally, given the injuries we've already had, I'm VERY glad Stewart & Tolbert (and Cam too, for that matter, with not trying to punch it in at the goal line) were playing to avoid injuries.  We REALLY can't afford to lose any other starter on offense with KB out.

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:53 AM

From Mini Camp. 

This is the guy I think will be a great  surprise ..  It appears he had some personal problems he needed to deal with,, and then found his way back to football and  being  a good person.

....6f-4ea3ca72a498

UNDRAFTED BUT UNDAUNTED: While many observers were most excited about seeing the Panthers' five draft picks in action this weekend, coaches got an equally valuable opportuity to see the team's 10 undrafted college free agents up-close for the first time.

Journeyman running back Brandon Weghericon-article-link.gif was among those making a good first impression.

"I think Brandon Wegher is going to be a nice diamond in the rough," Rivera said. "He's got some potential and ability. He has a nice skill set.

"I think he and (fifth-round draft pick Cameron) Artis-Payne are two young guys that will give us a good showing at running back going through training camp."

Wegher broke the NAIA rushing record with 2,610 yards at Morningside College in his native Sioux City, Iowa, last season. He played there for two years after being out of football for three seasons following a standout freshman season at Iowa, capped with 113 rushing yards in an Orange Bowl victory.

"After being a freshman in the Big Ten, I had to go backwards a little bit, but the NFL finds you wherever you are," Wegher said. "If you have talent and you belong in this league, they'll find you."

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:53 AM

From Mini Camp. 

This is the guy I think will be a great  surprise ..  It appears he had some personal problems he needed to deal with,, and then found his way back to football and  being  a good person.

....6f-4ea3ca72a498

UNDRAFTED BUT UNDAUNTED: While many observers were most excited about seeing the Panthers' five draft picks in action this weekend, coaches got an equally valuable opportuity to see the team's 10 undrafted college free agents up-close for the first time.

Journeyman running back Brandon Weghericon-article-link.gif was among those making a good first impression.

"I think Brandon Wegher is going to be a nice diamond in the rough," Rivera said. "He's got some potential and ability. He has a nice skill set.

"I think he and (fifth-round draft pick Cameron) Artis-Payne are two young guys that will give us a good showing at running back going through training camp."

Wegher broke the NAIA rushing record with 2,610 yards at Morningside College in his native Sioux City, Iowa, last season. He played there for two years after being out of football for three seasons following a standout freshman season at Iowa, capped with 113 rushing yards in an Orange Bowl victory.

"After being a freshman in the Big Ten, I had to go backwards a little bit, but the NFL finds you wherever you are," Wegher said. "If you have talent and you belong in this league, they'll find you."

Probably all old news to everyone on this site, but maybe not. 

http://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/2012/3/22/2891819/its-not-plagiarism-if-you-link-to-it-former-hawk-brandon-wegher

So he's got a checkered past. Hopefully it's all still there...in the past. I'd love to see him make the team. 

Archived