• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wegher Love Goes Here

Jeremy Igo

Stewart > Wegher > CAP > Fozzy > Todman

Todman makes too many mental errors and has poor vision at the LoS.

Wegher reminds me of Arian Foster coming up with the Texans. Wegher could beat out several starting RBs in the NFL, and he would be a great fit for an offense like the Patriots, Broncos, Seahawks, or Packers.

Wegher will be playing somewhere this season no question. Will it be Carolina?

He's hot in the RZ but I haven't seen much else that sets him ahead.

Nothing could be better than a hardnosed running back that does his best work in the Red Zone. Of course, he broke off some respectable runs tonight.

It would be a shame and a detriment to the team not to let him try some work with the 1s and the 2s next week. Let's face it, no other running back even came close to his production. Stewart and Tolbert played to avoid injuries, CAP was meh, Fozzy wasn't much to write home about and Todman was okay.

Wegher is a beast...plain and simple. 

Cut fozzy ...keep Wegher. Todman has good burst and added value at kickreturner BUT its a numbers game.

Backfield: Stew, Cap, Wedger, Tolbert and Ward. 

Pains me to even type it but I'd rather see Fozzy and Brockel in a Patriots uniform than Wegher and Ward.

Wegher is a beast...plain and simple. 

Cut fozzy ...keep Wegher. Todman has good burst and added value at kickreturner BUT its a numbers game.

Backfield: Stew, Cap, Wedger, Tolbert and Ward. 

Pains me to even type it but I'd rather see Fozzy and Brockel in a Patriots uniform than Wegher and Ward.

I agree 100% with this lineup. Get rid of Brockel, sorry Fozzy, you gotta go. Try to stash Tolman on the PS. I think he has a better chance of slipping through than Wegher.

On his first TD, Lee Ward was a monster. He should be playing more. And Brockel looked so fuging horrible on those Tolbert runs. Didn't touch a defender. Unbelievable that he's ahead of Ward.

I was looking to post the same thing.  When Ward was in, we gashed the D. 

Eye test he looks like Arian Foster. Like Foster he was undrafted. Things that make you go hmmmm

Astute observation and good comparison. I don't see how he's not the 3rd back behind Stewart and CAP (who was impressive too). 

Todman has to be ahead of Fozzy (who has to be on the outside looking in), but Todman has bounced around the league.

We cut Todman, we can get him back if we needed. We cut Wegher, he could be starting for Atlanta by the end of the year.

Ward looked like he belonged out there too. I certainly would have no problem with keeping Stewart, CAP, Wegher, Tolbert, and Ward.

We've got to see Wegher with the 1s and 2s. But it seems unlikely because game 3 is the one you gameplan for like a real game. You can't cut someone like Fozzy because a guy looks amazing against 3rd and 4th string guys.

I like Fozzy, but is there really that much downside to cutting him? Him and Todman have both looked good, and I wouldn't  be surprised  to see them get a shot somewhere else. 

Wegher looks like he could be special. The comparison to Arian Foster is dead on.

IMHO, Wegher stands a better chance of being picked up waivers right now than Fozzy or Todman would.

The only way I see Todman making it over Wegher is potentially because of blitz pickup which I have read Todman has been good at. Don't really know anything about how Wegher has done on that 

I like Fozzy, but is there really that much downside to cutting him? Him and Todman have both looked good, and I wouldn't  be surprised  to see them get a shot somewhere else. 

Wegher looks like he could be special. The comparison to Arian Foster is dead on.

IMHO, Wegher stands a better chance of being picked up waivers right now than Fozzy or Todman would.

The only way I see Todman making it over Wegher is potentially because of blitz pickup which I have read Todman has been good at. Don't really know anything about how Wegher has done on that 

I'm very excited about Wegher and hope he keeps playing like he has been and makes the team. I just don't want to do it without really testing him, because Fozzy is someone who has made big plays for us in the playoffs, not just 4th quarter preseason.

Archived