• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Twitter Fail

Jeremy Igo

Jones, voth and Igo all do the Panthers a fine Job.

My personal favorite is Voth, but that's just me.

Jeremy does a great job talking about what's going on with the Panthers for the simple man. Also doesn't put on like knows more than what he does.

Why stop with Person & Newton..... Bonnell completes the Queen City Trifecta of awful beat writers. Toss in Frank Garcia's lousy show on WFNZ and we are left with crap-ola.

Voth, Jones and Igo cover Panthers news better than anything out there now. Aaron Wilson is pretty amazing on a national level too. 

I don't know if the organizations purposefully shut the local kids out, but it's some of the most disconnected 'beat writers' I've come across. Can't understand, but I'd have to think there's something else going on behind the scenes to get scooped as much as they do. 

Gotta disagree on Bonnell. Though he might not be the most colorful he does speak his mind right or wrong and works hard even keeping us updated even when his dad died. Jones is cool both is by far the best. Black and blue review usually has a write up of what every starter looked like after each practice or scrimmage. Gant is human waste.

What do you guys thing about Steve Reed of the AP?  I've never read his stuff before this Panthers camp.  Is he normally on the Panthers beat?  I wasn't particularly impressed with his stuff, but I didn't know if he is new at covering the Panthers.

I'm actually also pretty impressed with Max Henson.  I know he writes for Panthers.com, so he has to pretty much toe the line, but it seems to me he's a pretty good writer and fair in his assessments.  His writing doesn't come across as mere PR.

What about any of the other radio shows (Mac Attack?)  Which ones are the best to listen to?  I was pretty impressed with some of the WFNZ and ESPN 730 coverage during training camp.  Are they worth continuing to listen to throughout the season?  Would love recommendations...  Thanks,

What do you guys thing about Steve Reed of the AP?  I've never read his stuff before this Panthers camp.  Is he normally on the Panthers beat?  I wasn't particularly impressed with his stuff, but I didn't know if he is new at covering the Panthers.

I'm actually also pretty impressed with Max Henson.  I know he writes for Panthers.com, so he has to pretty much toe the line, but it seems to me he's a pretty good writer and fair in his assessments.  His writing doesn't come across as mere PR.

What about any of the other radio shows (Mac Attack?)  Which ones are the best to listen to?  I was pretty impressed with some of the WFNZ and ESPN 730 coverage during training camp.  Are they worth continuing to listen to throughout the season?  Would love recommendations...  Thanks,

Reed used to write for the Gaston Gazette or something. Then he had his own site called the Carolina Growl. He was OK. In the dark ages (before I found the Huddle) he was my go to for Panther news. (Shudder). 

David Newton did a prerecorded hit on Mike and Mike this morning, and honestly it was god-awful. He sounded nervous as hell, talking fast and taking quick, heavy breaths between every sentence.

He said he expects more than 7 wins from the Panthers and that this WR group is better than the WR group at the same time last year.

Chris Carter emphatically called him out on that, saying there is no way this group is better simply because the best player, KB, is no longer out there.

David Newton did a prerecorded hit on Mike and Mike this morning, and honestly it was god-awful. He sounded nervous as hell, talking fast and taking quick, heavy breaths between every sentence.

He said he expects more than 7 wins from the Panthers and that this WR group is better than the WR group at the same time last year.

Chris Carter emphatically called him out on that, saying there is no way this group is better simply because the best player, KB, is no longer out there.

He also named the WRs that will make an impact for the Panthers and named Cotchery twice. Well done Newton...well done.

I like Jones. He's always on top of his poo and seems to have neuteral opinions about everything. I think Voth can be a little negative or critical sometimes. 

I'm at conflict with Jones.

As a Panthers fan, the guy is the best beat writer for the Charlotte Observer, he does well and provides interesting observations.

As an ECU Alumni, fug that guy.

I'm at conflict with Jones.

As a Panthers fan, the guy is the best beat writer for the Charlotte Observer, he does well and provides interesting observations.

As an ECU Alumni, fug that guy.

He mentioned during a Huddlecast that he got all of his "dumb writing" out while in college. I assume that ECU hit piece was one of those dumb things he was talking about.

It is between Voth and Jones. 

I really don't belong in the conversation with those two at all. I have had zero formal schooling, just a guy with a camera taking notes. 

Years of being a Panthers photographer gives you more of an education in football than most beat reporters in my honest opinion

Archived