• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Today was not pretty

Jeremy Igo

Did anyone not follow twitter today? Ginn boykin Olsen and Dicksen were railing off plays today. Lots of 2 te looks. I dunno what Jeremy was seeing that everyone else wasn't

i pretty much exclusively rely on the threads on this site for the twitter stuff in camp and it was pretty thin today for obvious reasons

who had a decent blow by blow for today's practice?  voth?

Wilson rolled with three UDFAs at WR. Where is the talent gap there? In addition, their pass protection blows (it ain't as bad as ours). In reality, they're no different than us outside a superior secondary.

Now, do we suck as an offensive unit? Yeah. So what? We've been here before. Brown made plays and to a lesser extent so did Bersin. Now we've got Ginn back too. The way I see it. We're just gonna have to endure the storm and hope that the injury bug is done with us.

The motto for this season should just be "3.5 yards per play". If we can muster that, then we got ourselves a first down. That's reasonable to ask of our JAGs.

Wilson has largely won b/c Sea pairs the top D with a top 5 rush game.....and that allows him great opportunity.  Last year Sea had the #1 D and #1 rush attack.   That is what you need to be aware of and that is how you can afford to gamble at WR.  So if you think we are good enough at WR then you need to be talking about getting that rush and D cranked.  

simple and plain.  That should be our hope for this season.   Most realistic shot at being good. 

and I am not overly concerned about drafted vs undrafted.  Talent is all that matters.  Also, you seem to forget he had Tate until last season so you can quit with he only had undrafted guys prior to Harvin/Graham

So given it is preseason and we are going to be vanilla anyway and this is a joint practice where we are likely to be even more vanilla, exactly what would you expect?  This reminds me of the thread about how Oher will suck or other negative posts.  There is really no downside to posting negative posts all the time.  If you end up being right you can claim to have inside knowledge or be the first to see it.  If you are wrong you can just say they improved or start being more positive without acknowledging you were wrong to begin with.  It take little insight and no balls to say negative things.  On the other hand to be positive in the face of all this negativity or to look at the positives and be called naive or pollyanish is much tougher. 

Well if their vanilla offense looked as bad as our vanilla offense, I'd be ok with that.  So how did the dolphins' offense look?

Well if their vanilla offense looked as bad as our vanilla offense, I'd be ok with that.  So how did the dolphins' offense look?

If would depend on what our goals were for practice.  Some teams like to show a lot in preseason and other's don't. Plus it depends on who suited up today and who didnt.  Our defense has not looked great in preseason in the Rivera era.  Largely because this defense requires a lot of accountability and repetitions in order to function well.  With bodies constantly moving in and out and virtually no scheming which is critical to our defense's success I doubt it looked that great either.

It's not about that. With Benjamin gone, we need someone to step up, and with so many guys on the bubble this is an extraordinary chance... and nobody wants it -- similar to our DE situation.

There is nobody to step up. The WR's on this roster simply are just not that good.

We have a potential Top 5 running attack and a Top 10 defense too. It's all up to execution now. Turner, Norwell and Kalil are gonna open holes for Stewart, and Luke, TD, Norman, Bene, Star and Short are gonna give us some extra chances to score points too. That's more than enough.

So? Tate is good but it wasn't Tate who made the biggest plays when the team needed a hero. I seem to remember Kearse making that 42 yard TD catch against us, Baldwin making that 23 yard catch on third and 19 against the 49ers, Lockette taking a 5 yard catch and fending off Ram defenders for an extra 5 yards, etc.

If we've truly changed the culture of our locker room then guys like Bersin, Byrd and Brown will make similar plays to keep us alive or win games for us.

I didn't say Tate was that good...

and yeah, those guys made those plays.  Goes back to what I was saying about Seattle football.  Elite rush attack and elite D.  Seattle throws less than anyone.  That formula sets up pass game.  Opponents essentially play the rush most of the game and it aids the pass offense and often sets up comical open stuff for Wilson.

but it isn't about there WRs stepping up.  It was about Seattle being dominant on the ground and the D allowing them to play old school football.  Then being weak at WR works.

Did anyone not follow twitter today? Ginn boykin Olsen and Dicksen were railing off plays today. Lots of 2 te looks. I dunno what Jeremy was seeing that everyone else wasn't

You certainly dont get the same sense of gloom from other accounts. I hate it but Ive always taken stuff here with a grain of salt despite really admiring the work put in.

It's a Huddle tradition to fall in love with a mediocre WR during every single training camp, and then be disappointed when they are cut, or we get a better look at them and realize they are terrible. But this season we've lost our best WR, so the love fest with our new poo WRs is coming to a crashing end a lot sooner.

We're going to have to rely heavily on our best players to make this season's offense halfway decent. That means a heavy dose of the read option with Cam and Stewart imo. Cam is one of the best rushing QBs I've ever seen, and he's going to be running to earn that fat paycheck this season. Run Cam and Stewart as much as possible. Read option, designed QB runs, and CAP and Stew behind our biggest offensive linemen.

Teams are going to focus on taking Olsen out of the passing game, and there is no team in the NFL that is going to give Cotchery, who should have been cut with Avant, a second thought. He can be covered one on one by any defensive player on the field except the DT. He has, on several occasions, been covered like a blanket by DEs, and he quit on those routes and others as well. He's a joke, and he's contributing to our passing offense being a joke.

I think we're going to need to take chances in our passing offense with trick plays that DON'T involve Cotchery. Watching him go deep on a quirky play caused me to turn off my tv for about 3 minutes. I couldn't watch it. When he dropped that pass against Seattle that hit him right in the hands I had to walk outside. We're going to need some trick plays. Here is what I mean:

I want to see Riverboat Ron on offense. Take chances. Keep the ball away from our scrubs. I don't know what Shula is planning, but it had better be creative.

Archived