• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Today was not pretty

Jeremy Igo

Not sure how anyone can be surprised to hear this. The offense hasn't exactly been lighting it up the whole time and we just lost the one guy on offense who actually was standing out.

The answer isn't on the roster.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure the answer is available.

The reality is that we lost one of the guys who we simply couldn't afford to lose.  That's just poo luck.  Gonna have to try to make the best of it.

The reality is that if you didnt think we were going to lose at least one critical guy this year then you havent been paying attention to football over the years.  Last year we lost Cam for 2 games and he was limited in 7 or 8 more.  The answer was on the roster in the person of Anderson who came in and won 2 games.  The answer to Benjamin being gone is on the roster as well. Guys have to step up like Anderson did last year.  It will happen again this year.  The question isnt will they show up but when.

I fully expect our passing game to "not look pretty" all season.

IF our running game can carry this offense, we may be a pretty good team.  If the rush O falters.....all bets are off.

The thing that concerns me about the running game is that the opposition will almost invariably stack the box.  We need at least a semblance of a threat passing to set up the run.

The thing that concerns me about the running game is that the opposition will almost invariably stack the box.  We need at least a semblance of a threat passing to set up the run.

That would great if they did.  It is called play action.  We have a number of guys who can get deep and Cam is throwing a great deep ball so far this year.  We actually need a semblence of a running game to set up the pass.

"Ridicules others for being reactionary"

'Constantly sensationalizes on his own website"

There are various reports of the offense looking pretty good this TC. Voth mentioned yesterday how strong a camp the QB had had, and the passing offense looked borderline dominant against a good Miami D yesterday

Guess those stories arent driving up all pro subscriptions though

relax

it's time to let the young guns run, sure it's going suck at times but we have a good D, OL is better and the rushing should improve. I'm fine with with a little speed and am looking forward to the season...we will just have to run the ball in w/o KG there...

either you can run or you can't.  Over playing the run only opens up wide open pass plays like Russell Wilson gets all the time. 

If 28 and our OL can do what he did the 2nd half of last year....paired with a great D we will be fine.  If you over play that type run game and sets up almost gimmie plays.  But teams with top run games can run even when opponents load up

Archived