• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Today was not pretty

Jeremy Igo

So given it is preseason and we are going to be vanilla anyway and this is a joint practice where we are likely to be even more vanilla, exactly what would you expect?  This reminds me of the thread about how Oher will suck or other negative posts.  There is really no downside to posting negative posts all the time.  If you end up being right you can claim to have inside knowledge or be the first to see it.  If you are wrong you can just say they improved or start being more positive without acknowledging you were wrong to begin with.  It take little insight and no balls to say negative things.  On the other hand to be positive in the face of all this negativity or to look at the positives and be called naive or pollyanish is much tougher. 

The vanilla angle goes both ways, so that's really neither here nor there. What everyone wants to know is how our offense performed from a relative perspective. All the negativity or "positivity" in the world does not trump reality. Basically, we just want to know what happened, and just like Igo's words (among some others) are good enough for us on good days, they should be good enough for us on bad days.

Our boys need a kick in the ass.

Wake up! Our season has yet to even start.

kick in the ass?

It wouldn't of mattered how often and hard you kicked Byron Bell in the ass.  He wasn't a starting LT.  

We don't have a 1 or 2 WR yet people think we can have a good pass offense if guys just step it.   Our WRs will be the equivalent from a talent aspect of many practice squads around the league.  It is what it is.  When life hands you a bunch of lemons you can't turn it into a cold delicious ice cold beer..  You just get crappy lemonade.

pass game is gonna hold us back this year from being a contender.  NFL is a talent driven league.   

"Ridicules others for being reactionary"

'Constantly sensationalizes on his own website"

There are various reports of the offense looking pretty good this TC. Voth mentioned yesterday how strong a camp the QB had had, and the passing offense looked borderline dominant against a good Miami D yesterday

Guess those stories arent driving up all pro subscriptions though

It is a matter of perspective and lets not pretend that most people don't have an agenda when it comes to Shula and the offense.  Instead of focusing on how Ginn elevated his game and stepped up with the top 2 receivers out we get the half empty perspective.  That has been consistent all camp.   

The reality is that we wont know how the offense is going to do until the season starts.  Until then any positives or negatives are not only relative but largely irrelevant. The best guess will be week 3 where the starters play a half.  But even then, gameplanning wont be extensive.  

Full writeup and pics coming soon,  but today the Panthers offense was prrtty much owned all day except for a couple of plays. 

Ginn was the only WR to show up. 

Saturday could be ugly.  Better stock up on the drinks. 

Others painted a much more optimistic picture. Tired of the sunshine pumping, appreciate your honest accounting.

Not sure how anyone can be surprised to hear this. The offense hasn't exactly been lighting it up the whole time and we just lost the one guy on offense who actually was standing out.

The answer isn't on the roster.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure the answer is available.

The reality is that we lost one of the guys who we simply couldn't afford to lose.  That's just poo luck.  Gonna have to try to make the best of it.

Oh grow a pair. I'm tried of hearing that garbage. Russell Wilson had Baldwin, Kearse and Lockette before Harvin and Graham came to town. Those guys brought it to every practice and game.

Of course our offense is limited. No question but you think it's okay to lose focus before the first official snap is even played? Come the fug on. If you want to cry in a corner and make excuses, fine. I'll direct you to the an inferior site.

My point reminds valid. Asskickings need to transpire if our offense is still hung up on Benjamin.

it ain't about growing a pair.

I could pick the worst player on our team and spin a sunshine argument about how he could defy all odds and contribute this year.  Possible? yeah, anything is.  But being realistic isn't being a Debbie Downer.

we simply lack talent for 2015 at WR.  2015 will simply be about how effectively we work around a weak pass attack.   You can win with a weak pass attack.  Need great D and rush game...which are possible. 

There is no crying in posts.  Just realize what the focus has to be on.  We can't afford injuries on D at this stage bc we have to be dominant and our rush game needs to start appearing as we head into the season.  THAT is what matters now....not blowing smoke about what we have at WR. 

So on Sat against Miami I don't care about the WRs as much as I CARE about our O showing they can muster more than 5 rush yards in the first half.  DL will get a pass but those guys have to get healthy ASAP.  Not sure we can afford some of our secondary question marks....to be dominant I think we still need to tweak some areas on D 

and and to address your Sea remark....that roster he had was more talented.  But more importantly, it goes back to what I mentioned as the focus going forward.  Which is what Wilson had. 

Archived